Author Topic: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals  (Read 15762 times)

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
Re: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 03:39:51 PM »
Here are my comments about the videos above:

1. Montenegro: Now what is this? A "song" which has so over-sexual presentation, that I was already thinking when do they start doing "it".  :doh: This entry has noting such to give, which all of us had not already heard at least million times by several artists.  0/10

2. Czech Republic:  :o  :doh: I thought that there couldn't be any more childish entry than Latvia last year, but I guess I was wrong. I would love to give this song 12 negative points, but I give this as well 0/10.

3. Belarus: Now what is that ghost ? It was the most interesting thing in this video and presentation.  :P Belarus has got a good draw, because it is singing between 2 absolute  foolishness. 5/10

4. Belgium: Jesus Lord Almighty!  :doh: This is even more chaotic what I thought.  :ack: Horrible light effects, horrible everything. What is this ??? Elvis would cry if he could see this. 0/10

5. Sweden:
I have not wanted to say this until now, even if I have been thinking about this since I saw her singing this song first time. Malena Emman has such a horrible and thick make-up that she doesn't look natural any more, but more like one of those waxdoll's at Madame Tussaud's in London.  :( And those feathers in her dress!  :o A plain, simple white long dress would be much better. I don't like the song too much, but I am afraid that it will qualify to final. 4/10

6. Armenia:
Is there a melody in this song? Is there anything in this song? The answer is  :no:. I did not even want to watch the whole video, because it left me so cold without any kind of feelings. 0/10

7. Andorra:
Why do I have a feeling that I have heard this song in every ESC since 1989....  :worry: Sorry, but this song belongs to cathegory "I-know-the-whole-song-just-after-the-first-tune-and-I-want-to-forget-it-as-soon-as-it-is-over."  2/10

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26157#msg26157
Åland forever!

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 07:20:03 PM »
Here are my comments about the videos above:

1. Montenegro: the song itself was typical and boring, so there are no surprises that the live itself will be typical and boring. Overly sexual is aggressive and only one out of them all will make it.. I dunno about all the songs, but Turkey already will do better..

2. Czech Republic: musically the song was ok now this is turning into the year's disaster..

3. Belarus: absolutely ridiculous and bum.. the east keeps trying to find something new to esc and big to be remembered but years after years we just get the jokes of the year's in the history of TV..

4. Belgium: this isn't as horrible as Niko seems to think.. the song itself lies on nothing but copying so it can't achieve much.. Apart from this humble show i don't see what they could have done. It's already lost anyway!

5. Sweden: We all heard that Sweden paid close to 37.000 euros for the dress and we now know why.. so much silk and feather.. but it doesn't look that great, it looks like a boring mermaid dress.. The live is absolutely similar to the routine in MF even though they tried to tell us it wasn't! The only difference is that it's now 5 women which is absolutely boring! I actually can see why Sweden wouldn't make it to the final it looks very flat and boring, most boring background of this rehearsal! But the juries will let it go through anyway *sigh*

6. Armenia: actually this is the good surprise of this round of rehearsal because it's a very bad song but the performance is ok..

7. Andorra: Typical and very boring, the female vibe is getting repetitive now and this is clearly weak weak, vocally, musically, livewise! It won't go anywhere.. especially with what's next!

8. Switzerland: amazing excellent, purely excellent live so far.. good, good for my currently 3rd

9. Turkey: easy going happy shaky crap and horror, but the hearts, the cute girls, the shaking, this is going to be like 7th or so of the year already.. I don't see it winning at all but it will qualify for sure : i'm already hating it with a passion!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26160#msg26160

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »
wow Armenia was impressive.

After yesterday Belgium is definately qualifying.

Delighted for the Swiss with their great performance :D.

Now to post a couple of videos. Might fully comment on all later :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26167#msg26167

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 01:11:55 AM »
More videos, more comments

10. Israel: the song is still a sweet piece of music, and though it's weakened by the fact there's a big publicity crap about it being hebrew/arab thing, I find the girls very talented (vocally Noa is amazing) and Mira is very a great performer! This will do well!

11. Bulgaria: So not only is this a very weak song, now it's also a very dumb and irrelevant live! this is hateful in all levels!

12. Iceland: Still a cute song, but getting more and more americanized to my ears.. and this is a BIG reminder of Norway 08 and I'm not sure televoters will fall for it again.. Juries might not vote for THAT ballad out of them all.. What is that awful dress? I hope that's not what she'll end up wearing!

13. Macedonia: very similar live to their NF, a very casual song which I respect a lot because of its simplicity and humility. The guys go with their own style all the way and so it ends up really nice. Unfortunately, the two songs, swiss and macedonia will fight for the final and I truly hope for both.

14.Romania: One of the dumbest entries of the year and definitely a very weak and messy live (look at them circling). This is ridiculous almost gonna be the laugh of the year I can already tell.

15. Finland: Still a good song, but maybe weakens by such a big stage where they sometimes look a bit lonely with nothing to do.. However the background is well used and if it ends up strong with the flames, Finland can get their 4th final in a row!

16. Portugal: It knows it's a song without any more pretentions than a happy good lil folk entry, and so it plays it all the way which is truly the best choice they had.. The girl is very sweet and has a nice voice. This will do good hopefully.

17. Malta: Unlike Iceland, Chiara can go alone with only her charisma and voice. This is so not my cup of tea, I hate the disney like ballad but Chiara will work her charm and voice, it would really reach the final with fans.. So I think this is the jury's pick up. I don't see Chiara doing that well at the end though.

18. Bosnia-Herzegovina: Put aside France, this is my favorite entry of the year, and they surely do live up to my expectations. The background matches the good clip, and though I'm not fan of the all white (which already was magnificient for Hari Mata Hari), I prefer his clothes from the clip or live at the presentation, the white uniform does do him service, he's hot in there! I regret the red flag but in Moscow it might end up being way too radical.. Good luck still!

i would go for, in final, as personal choice and in no particular choice except for the top 4 : Bosnia, Switerland, Macedonia, Portugal and then maybe.. I'do go for Finland, Israel, Sweden, Iceland.. and then.. ooh maybe Armenia and Belgium?

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26182#msg26182

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author