Author Topic: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals  (Read 15768 times)

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
Re: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
i don't see why i should comment if im the only one doing so :shrug:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26206#msg26206

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
For me, the most impressive thing about the rehearsals is the stage. Absolutely gorgeous and fabulous backgrounds.

From the interpretations I would say that fortunately eurovision is becoming more than just the show that since 2002 it was becoming, with less weird perfomances and more natural ones, which is something good.

Vocally speaking, I was impressed with the Icelandic rehearsal.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26214#msg26214

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Should be an interesting contest this year looking at these rehearsals  :scratch:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26229#msg26229

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »
i don't see why i should comment if im the only one doing so :shrug:

Because they make interesting reading for the rest of us :).   I have no interest in watching the rehearsals - I like the performance to be a surprise on the night.  It's bad enough knowing the songs before hand but if I know what the performance is going to be like then I might as well not bother watching it...but I like to read how other people see them :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26232#msg26232
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 06:23:21 PM »
Because they make interesting reading for the rest of us :).   I have no interest in watching the rehearsals - I like the performance to be a surprise on the night.  It's bad enough knowing the songs before hand but if I know what the performance is going to be like then I might as well not bother watching it...but I like to read how other people see them :)
hey you convinced me! then i'll keep going.. I have all of semi final 2 to do!
and first of all I agree with dartacan, the stage is flat out beautiful and it's very pleasing.. esc will be interesting indeed.. not musically though lol

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26246#msg26246

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 08:15:29 PM »
01. Croatia : the more it goes, the lamer this seems to get, nothing interesting in the performance that can claim to reach the balkan ballads masterpieces we had in esc (mostly "Lejla" and "Oro") and that this definitely tries to copy (but "Ostani" and especially "Vukovi umiru sami" were far better!)

02. Ireland : still the lame rubbish song but on stage compared to all the rest I feel this has grown a bit on me. It's not a pretentious gig from the girls but a humble joie-de-vivre irrelevent entry and I'll give them credit for that.

03. Latvia : Very fun live, quite the number there, but the song turns out quite stupid on the big stage, and of course it will be only saved by the fact that right after comes something even more stupid. But at this game of stupid entries, can the live of Latvia save it? Or should Latvia count more on baltic friendly voting while Serbia will indeed have the balkan one?

04. Serbia : I did kinda like it at first, but here this is definitely the dumb song of the night which I fear can go through with great support from the balkan since it goes "traditional" on stage which makes me even more violent against it.

05. Poland : Definitely one of the grossest ballads of the year. The girl can't sing and in Moscow this can get quite obvious. A rubbish live and even if Poland can get twice lucky with a horrible ballad, this year, Chiara will for sure be a better and stronger alone-on-stage-disney-ballad.

06. Norway : Lucky cutie goes between too ballads and two huge craps actually very lamely performed. On the other hand, Rybak offers Norway one of the best setting of the year so far and his routine still works its magic if i can say so, even though the dancers do look a bit lame at times and unconfident. From Oslo to Moscow the stage doubled its size and they need to make it perfectly neat. Most Europe will discover it on the night and all the commentators of Europe will mention it being a big favorite ; therefore that doubles up the pressure : you can't mess it up.

07. Cyprus : She did not improve one bit her vocals and the i'm-still-cute routine does not work at all. Cyprus can await being last with 12pts from Greece only.

08. Slovakia : I had lots of sympathies for this cute little entry. The country had the best of all NF and came up with a rather poor entry but still very simple and effective. Yet this is not the greatest live they could have come up with. I'm quite disappointed and I hate the candles theme for a ballad. It can still work some on me. I love Slovakia vey much at esc.

09. Denmark : sorry to say that I still dislike this entry a lot. Sorry? Yes sorry because the live is extremely professional and turns out excellent. This is without a single doubt going through and aiming at top 10. Like last year it's vibrant, simple, mainstream, gonna touch a lot of people but I see it higher than last year's song which ended up very repetitive. If only Ireland had gone with this..

10. Slovenia : Still very boring and long instrumentals which imp are very poor I really don't like Babic work here. The girl is poor vocally and the live is nothing different from the typical one we had in the semi. Yet in modern esc years with only dance routines this might shine through.

11. Hungary : The guy's got the body to please girls and fags but can this be enough to go through. The 70s cool vibes might add a bit more points but I don't see it going to the final still. It lacks the sparks that the following song certainly does have.

12. Azerbaijan : I never cared for this song, totally lame, not my type, and even got surprise it is now almost 5th favorite.. But watching it I can totally see it. It reminds me a lot of "Qele Qele" and is now a very strong candidate for the top 5 like Armenia last year. It for sure might outshine Sakis who will need OGAE fags vote to go through. Even Turkey should tremble. If this goes 24th this is serious.

13. Greece : Horribly lame live, typical, gross. The routine is close to being ridiculous and only fags and teen girls can care for his looks. Moreover, he is very weak vocally originally and with the dance he really can't hold it. This can damage him a lot. I can see Greece doing a Charlotte Perelli or Kate Ryan this year and this would delight me.

14. Lithuania : The English version used in the first rehearsal is definitely weaker than the Lithuanian one. Not that the lyrics in Lithuanian were better but at least you couldn't understand how lame it is. Sasha is definitely the hot guy of the year. He too can outshine Sakis since he is much less vulgar. But the live is very weak and it makes me extremely mad. They had a beautiful live and back in "Dainu daina" Sasha was one to care for. He is now lost in all these entries. I'm not that convinced.

15. Moldova : A grower on me. I like the audio version actually quite much and I was afraid of the shaky performance this could offer like Romania for instance. And not at all. Playing the folk card very strongly, this ends up as one of the cheeky fun folk entry that will for sure go through and might offer Moldova one of its best rankings ever (though not as high as the 6th spot they once had).

16. Albania : Festival i Kenges is something I care very deeply for, but years after years I'm very disappointed with the result. Yet last year it turned out really good on the stage and I was convinced enough to rank Albania 12th. The weakness of this year's song will prevent it from ever reaching that high in my rankings. The routine is not stupid but a bit irrelevant with the song. Still tough to judge for they weren't at all into the spirit of it, the clothes or anything. But this might be a ok number totally lost among all others.

17. Ukraine : I remember thinking and saying one this got through in the Ukrainian NF (also the worst of them ALL this year) "well at least ukraine won't be second for a third time in a row". I now take it back. I'm not convinced about the drum part which feels lame and irrelevant. But the steel wheels are extraordinary and the sexual show is well used. provocative and not vulgar. I'm convinced by the live enough and you totally forget to listen to the ridiculously bad song. After the glass boxes, Ukraine will be one to worry about. And once more Ukraine might have the sexiest dancers on stage.

18. Estonia : My money for the surprise of the year is on this one. I'm a tiny bit disappointed by the live. Not that it is bad at all, on the countrary. But it repeats the big ngiht sky theme they had in the NF and I expected it to remain mystical, mysterious, but with the nomads around. I would have appreciated it. Still one of the best best best best by far best songs of the year. My best of lucks.

19. the Netherlands : One thing I always give credits to the NL for is that they simply have the BEST backing singers ever (in 1998 Edsilia had some of the best backings ever.. But I also remember the great backings NL had in 2003). One more the backing singers will be what to care for in this entry which alone had no chances to go through. But the simplicity and dumbleness of the show could work. Still I strongly doubt it. Nevertheless, this isn't the horror I had expected once I heard that De Toppers were going for the NL.

My personal faves to be the 10 through would be : Estonia, Norway, Moldova, Lithuania, Slovakia, Denmark.. and then way further maybe Latvia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Slovenia..

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26267#msg26267

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover