Author Topic: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals  (Read 15763 times)

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
  • Topic Author

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
Re: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »
03. France : still my favorite so far of the year.. the rehearsal, only one so far to have recieved really good applauses from the rehearsal audience still needs to be worked on. The background was well chosen and I didn't know if she was going to go alone or with the musicians like on the preview video. She went all by herself and that's courageous. Only Chiara if I'm correct also dares to do so, proving that only really convincing and confident voices can afford that. Patricia gave very little of what the live would be like. Not her clothes, nothing as far as gestures except for the last steps at the end of the song.. But all her movements from the previews were out, Patricia barely even seemed sad or anything and yet I've read online many many great compliments. So I dunno yet but I'm sure Patricia, being a hell of a star and a singer, will work her magic on the night. Will it work with viewers though?

10. Russia : the whole theme of the song given here is very promising. I really hope it will turn out great on the big night for this is a great idea. But so far it's still in progress of getting there. She looks terrified on stage and not knowing what to do but singing, sometimes even shouting.

17. Germany : the big preview was tough to follow now that they go from 20 to 6 people on stage. But the backing and the whole atmosphere is well recreated. Oscar is a convincing singer, Alex seems a bit shy on stage. The girls are nice but so far the entire end of the live is a huge mess. It needs works. Still on the so many shaky songs, this is the best but at the same time it's so different I doubt it would do well.

23. United-Kingdom : i knew this was what I was going to get out of Jade and the very cheesy ALW song. Very typical american ballad delivered by a big black voice. Yet, i would have rater had her going alone like in the national final. Now the violins with the players all dressed in white are the dumbest thing ever. It would never work on me, and it might do well on viewers.

25. Spain : to me this is the best of all the pop shaky hot women entries of the year and the live is no surprises. I shake it here, I shake it there, we shake it all together. Nothing to really care for except that Soraya is hot and, as the last to go, we should fear that this is a top 10er.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26325#msg26325

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend
Re: Eurovision 2009 Rehearsals
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »
France looked awesome from what I've seen of the rehearsal :).
Russia went for a strange presentation, which will be quite interesting to see live.
Germany has surprised me, as he actually performs it quite well.
UK I can see hitting top 10, however I'll have to see how it looks on the night, however I still don't like the song.
Spain is a disaster on stage. Even though it is last performed I can see it coming bottom 5.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1013.msg26351#msg26351