Author Topic: ESC 2010 - THE FINAL  (Read 22357 times)

Offline Centrix

• Escvibes Team
Re: ESC 2010 - THE FINAL
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2010, 01:26:57 AM »
In this economical crisis Germany is the perfect winner. I hate 2nd place, so I am really happy for 3rd place. It is perfect for us.  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34294#msg34294

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2010, 01:47:35 AM »
I am very very happy for Germany ... that IS really the best song of the 55th esc edition. Believe it or not I didn't knew most of the songs before the first semi. I kept hearing that not knowing the songs before the esc week makes the whole thing more interesting and Gosh, it's so true!

One thing is pretty certain though - with Romania opening the voting Moldova will get the first 12 of the evening :wink:

Correction: we "only" gave 10 points to Moldova (which is not that surprising because the Moldovan representatives this year are not that famous in Romania)  :P

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34295#msg34295
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 02:05:34 AM »
AWESOME RESULTS!!!

Now I hope Ireland learn from this and send something modern :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34296#msg34296

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »
Wow, Germany!! I should never think it. Germany is all times...unfortunately in last places or near to them.
Its just amaizing!
And about Spain... I didn't see any fan there or anything. Anyway they got really good result. 15th, I think without 2 performance they shouldn't get it.

I haven't had big fan of Germany song, but I gonna listen it now much :D
Its good that the win did go to Germany, I think there will come huge show. The second was Turkey and it shouldn't be so interesting there, because Turkey was already in 21th century :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34297#msg34297

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 02:10:52 AM »
Amazingly it seems that everyone is happy with the results this year. Is there anyone not enjoying the German victory this evening?  :P

Did EBU really find the winning recipe to make fans happy?

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34298#msg34298

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 02:13:04 AM »
But you know. Lena is half Estonian. her grandfather is Estonian!
He is good person here. Our president had given he also some favour sign, if I'm right!
Then I have also reason to be proud!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34299#msg34299

Offline Bree

• De Troubadour
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »
Amazingly it seems that everyone is happy with the results this year. Is there anyone not enjoying the German victory this evening?  :P

Unfortunately Yes !! Myself. However I'm not overly displeased either. i don't detest the song but I don't like it either and her performance too me was just bad.. However I can accept it.  :biggrin:

I'm more pleased by Romania's third place. :) denmark's fourth place and by Georgia's ninth place (the most underrated song of the year IMO and one I have supported from the time it was selected  :biggrin:). I expected Armenia (another one of my faves) to finish top 10 anyways so that was no surprise.

oh and btw bURN the man who jumped on stage during the Spanish performance is known as Jimmy Jump, there is an article about him in wiki. he is a catalan nationalist who has done this sort of thing before and is currently under charges in Spain. I highly doubt Spain would get a catalan nationalist to interrupt their performance.  :P

oh i forgot to mention i was also pleased with Belgium's placing. Tom's charm alone made this song grow on me a lot. Just a man and his guitar. Simple but perfect . :goodjob: And I must admit I actually started liking Turkey's entry. :ohmy:

And I guess I came too early to read one of Marcus' fantastic reviews. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully he will post one soon.  :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34307#msg34307

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
Do you remember what country announced their votes after us? I was busy typing our votes and missed the name of that country.  :-[

Ireland were 2nd to vote.

Congrats Germany - not altogther surprised or disappointed with the result....however the 2 BEST performances of the night finished 2nd and 3rd.  Both Turkey and Romania were absolutely AWESOME.  Also not surprised at all at last place for UK.

One thing this shows is that it IS possible for the big 4 to win if the song is good enough.

FUll review when I have more time

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34308#msg34308
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
In this economical crisis Germany is the perfect winner. I hate 2nd place, so I am really happy for 3rd place. It is perfect for us.  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:

I don't like 2nd places too (the spot I mean not Turkey's entry this year -loved it).

It's not that bad for us that we didn't win. We don't even have a proper venue to host such a huge event. Also I'm pretty sure that most Romanians agree that this is not exactly the best moment for us to start building a venue. I for one am very worried about next week's events in Bucharest, with the announced nationwide strike and all.  :worry:

Thanks Ian!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34310#msg34310

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »
Shocked? It was an scandal that the security failed that way. It was the only fair decision.

I'm surprised you didn't noticed the guy who jumped into the performance  :o

I totally agree with you, Lonter! It was the only fair decision indeed. And according to the Finnish commentator Asko Murtomäki, who has done his doctorate in ESC, said that this was not the first time when a similar decision was made. First time it was allowed in 1970's to one country. He told the year and also the country but I can't anymore remember it. Could it have been The Netherlands?  :worry:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34314#msg34314
Åland forever!

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2010, 05:21:31 PM »
My votes:

12 - Germany
10 - Romania
08 - Portugal
07 - Finland
06 - Croatia
05 - Ireland
04 - Azerbaijan
03 - Israel
02 - Georgia
01 - Moldova

Difficult to choose between Portugal, Romania and Germany. They are my favorites, all three.  :heart:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

My favorite has won! I'm very happy with the results (except the low ranking of Ireland).

Congratulations to Germany and to Lena!  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34318#msg34318
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2010, 09:04:51 PM »
Here's my full review as promised

1. AZERBAIJAN - I'm still not impressed with either the song or the performer or her performance.  Nothing was coherant within the performance and her vocals were sub-standard at best. 

2. SPAIN - Considering the idiot that interrupted him (who according to Graham Norton was arrested and in custody before Norway started singing) he coped very well first time.  Second time he was just as good.  A decent song with a very good vocal performance.  @ Niko - I think the last interruption was in 1964 as an objection to the rulers in Portugal and Spain at the time (Salazar and Franco) but because the man was a complete idiot he came on between the Swiss and Belgian songs instead of his intention to come between the Belgian and Spanish songs :doh:

3. NORWAY - a competent but rather unspectacular vocal performance from Didrik.  A song that should have had a lot more emotion was rather lamely and tamely delivered.

4. MOLDOVA - I'm still convinced Olia was going for the Barbara Dex award :rofl:.  Improved from the semi but he still let the side down with his vocals.

5. CYPRUS - Never understood why this was so popular amongst many ESC fans around the websites.  For me it was never anything more than a nice pleasant but unspectacular song....and my view has not changed since.

6. BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA - weakest song from them since 2005's disastrous song.  However the performance was professional and competent....but totally uninspiring.  They could've made much more from the title of the song.

7. BELGIUM - a much less nervy performance from Tom.  It's a really nice song and he performed it very nicely indeed.  It takes a lot of courage to be infront of a huge crowd like that on your own.  Should have finished higher than 6th (certainly above Azerbaijan & Denmark).

8. SERBIA - I still don't get it.  To me it sounds like a complete mess....he's just horrible to watch (despite being vocally sound)....and the whole production just made no sense.   Worst song of the night for me

9. BELARUS - Another insipid performance of an insipid and ordinary song.  The harmonies were better in the final than in the semi but the guys vocals just didn't fit the song at all IMO (especially the first one)

10. IRELAND - Again improved vocals from the semi.  Niamh gave it her all but I think the fact that she seemed to be glued to the spot can't have helped her cause (although it did her well in 1993)

11. GREECE - There seemed to be something missing in the performance in the final :scratch:.  Giorgos looked uncomfortable for some reason.  Anyway - still don't like the song.

12. UNITED KINGDOM - Josh did very well indeed.....it's just a shame that the song is 15 years out of date :doh:.  Vocally he was sound but it was always going to struggle.  After the good lesson we learnt last year we come back to this.  It's time for the BBC to take a leaf out of the German's book and let's at least stop being the laughing stock.

13. GEORGIA - Another sterling vocal from Sofia.  Still don't like the way she sings "shine" in the first chorus but once the song builds she does very well vocally.

14. TURKEY - Another completely magnificent performance from maNga.  This song was outside my top 10 prior to Thursday's semi.....now it will probably end as my #1 of the year.  Everything about the performance was absolute genius.  Completely brilliant

15. ALBANIA - At times Juliana has a rather annoying nasal quality to her voice (is it an Albanian thing - Anjeza Shahini anyone :worry: ).  However she didn't put a note out of place and nailed the performance again.  It was never going to challenge though

16. ICELAND - Hera has a fabulous voice (possibly the best female voice of the contest - but more of her main contender later :wink: ) and the song is typical Europop.  It was delivered with perfection so it remains a mystery as to why it failed when the inferior song and performance of another Europop song (Denmark) did so well ???

17. UKRAINE - As with Serbia - I still don't get it.  The song is decent at times.....and painful to listen to at others.  No doubting Alyosha performed it well though.  It's just the SONG I don't like

18. FRANCE - Catchy as heck.  Performed very well - not that it's a difficult song vocally.  They made it fun and frenetic to watch.

19. ROMANIA - Ovi wasn't quite there vocally at the beginning in the semi but come the final he'd got it together.  Paula is the only female to challenge Hera in terms of vocals....and I think Paula just edges it because of the wonderful operatic interlude.  All round a wonderful performance of a great song that thoroughly deserved to do as well as it did

20. RUSSIA - OK.  The composition of this song is superb.  Musically it's a beautiful song, the lyrics are decent.....but his voice is utterly horrendous.  Had someone else sung it I would've preferred it.

21. ARMENIA - I don't know if it was just me but it looked in both the semi and the final that the old guy at the beginning of the song wasn't actually playing that instrument :scratch:.  Vocally Eva is sound and the overall performance was effective.

22. GERMANY - the song is catchy (and my friend who was watching it with me and is not an ESC fan said this was the best song of the night)....but does anyone really believe that she can sing?  The vocals were amongst the poorest of the night.  However the song was good enough to stand out amongst this field.

23. PORTUGAL - I don't think she was quite as shrieky as she was in the semi.  Overall it wasn't bad but I still find the song rather forgettable

24. ISRAEL - Much improved from the semi....but he still lost it a couple of times.  Shame because the song is simply wonderful.

25. DENMARK - annoying song, average vocalists, average performance of the song.....4th place :doh:.  Ridiculously overrated.  I was horrified to see it get the first 2 12s.

MY RANKING

1. TURKEY
2. ROMANIA
3. ISRAEL
4. BELGIUM
5. ICELAND
6. IRELAND
7. ARMENIA
8. GEORGIA
9. GERMANY
10. ALBANIA
11. SPAIN
12. PORTUGAL
13. CYPRUS
14. MOLDOVA
15. NORWAY
16. BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
17. FRANCE
18. UNITED KINGDOM
19. RUSSIA
20. UKRAINE
21. BELARUS
22. AZERBAIJAN
23. GREECE
24. DENMARK
25. SERBIA

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34324#msg34324
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2010, 09:15:39 PM »
It was really interesting to read your full review Ian.  :) I will try to do mine during this week, I did my ranking yesterday during the show so I basically could post my ranking order.

The biggest grower duing the final was a song which was 2nd last before the final, but finally it became 11th! It was Ukraine. Alyosha had a very good song and the lyrics was the best of the night  :goodjob: - I really don't like lyrics about love.  :-[

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34325#msg34325
Åland forever!

Offline AdelinaD

• Mysterious Newbie
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
Romania, best performance at the 2010 Eurovision Contest!

Romania is proud to announce this year`s great achievement at the 2010 Eurovision Contest: our country managed to gather 162 points and finished on the third position. This is the best result in the history of its participation at the famous European Song competition.  :sorcerer:

Paula Seling and Ovi experienced the highest point in their artistic career after an exciting voting in from of 18.000 people in a fully packed Oslo Telenor Arena and millions of TV viewers all over Europe.

Although the early predictions weren`t very flattering for Romania, the final result was breathtaking.
This year`s victory is the most remarkable among all the past participations. Romania had won another third place in 2005 thanks to Luminita Anghel and Sistem, but with a lower score: 158 points, compared to 162 gathered in 2010.

After all 39 countries had voted, it was Lena from Germany who was the lucky first place winner with her song Satellite, collecting 246 points altogether, followed by maNga from Turkey with 170 points.

Paula Seling & Ovi have had an unique performance in front of the audience, singing simultaneously at the piano and releasing real flames on the stage, this being the theme of the song `Playing With Fire`.

These are the points received by Romania from each country:
Ireland - 7 points
Serbia - 6 points
Albania - 5 points
Turkey - 2 points
Poland - 6 points
Bosnia & Hertzegovina - 2 points
Slovenia - 7 points
Russia - 3 points
Portugal - 10 points
Azerbaidjan - 7 points
Greece - 4 points
Island - 5 points
Denmark - 8 points
Spain - 10 points
Slovacia - 1 point
Ukraine - 2 points
Letonia - 3 points
Malta - 5 points
Norway - 10 points
Cyprus - 8 points
Latvia - 2 points
Belarus - 1 point
Sweden - 4 points
United Kingdom - 8 points
Holand - 5 points
Israel - 8 points
Moldova - 12 points
Suedia - 10 points
Armenia - 1 point

See more information and photos on bestmusic.ro.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1319.msg34334#msg34334

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »