Author Topic: SWEDEN 2011 || Eric Saade - Popular  (Read 13221 times)

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
SWEDEN 2011 || Eric Saade - Popular
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »

well a new logo means also a new format for the new MF... whereas 27 songs were chosen in the past from the ones sent by people, with 4 wildcars and 1 web jokker the format is now much better... 15 songs only will be chosen among the ones sent, 15 will be wildcards (former wildcards were all excellent, such as Salem al Faker, Darin and Pauline last year) and 2 from web jokker (we're down to 100 songs now, 50 in a week and down to the top in a televised show this november to chose the 2 to go forward)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36016#msg36016

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
Re: SWEDEN 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »
first, four artists were named

"Desperados" by Pernilla Andersson
(written by Pernilla Andersson)

"E de fel på mig" by Linda Bengtzing
(written by Pontus Assarsson, Thomas G:son, Jörgen Ringqvist)

"En blick och något händer" by Lasse Stefanz
(written by Alexander Bard, Ola Håkansson, Tim Norell)

"Me And My Drum" by Swingfly
(written by Teron Beal, Patrik Magnusson, Johan Ramström)

many things can be commented on that first list... Swingly's title could be a copycat of the Belgian entry this year, a mock entry ? Swingly represents rap in MF something rather rare... very slow ballad for Pernilla and folk for Lasse, two new comers. Lasse's song however is written by Alexander Bard, member of BWO. The last one is the least impressive one, Linda comes back for the fourth time (she's been in the finale all 3 times before and reached 6th in 2008) with a schlager entry written by none other than Thomas who wrote many former esc songs (Spain 2008 for instance) and mostly Denmark 2010 which reached 4th place. Another element to note is half the songs there are in Swedish !

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36017#msg36017

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
today 8 more names were announced

"Enemy" by Sara Lumholdt
(written by Niclas Lundin, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad)

"I'm In Love" by Sanna Nielsen
(written by Bobby Ljunggren, Thomas G:son, Irini Michas, Peter Boström)

"In the Club" by Danny Saucedo
(written by Figge Boström, Peter Boström, Danny Saucedo)

"My Heart Is Refusing Me" by Loreen
(written by Moh Denebi, Björn Djupström, Loreen)

"Social Butterfly" by Rasmus Viberg
(written by Amir Aly, Henrik Wikström)

"The Hunter" by Melody Club
(written by Kristofer Östergren, Erik Stenemo, Jon Axelsson, Niklas Stenemo)

"Tid att andas" by Simon Forsberg
(written by Fredrik Kempe)

"Try Again" by Dilba
(written by Niklas Pettersson, Linda Sonnvik)

many infos in Swedish on the singers and song writers are to be found there : http://svt.se/2.121594/1.2198830/atta_nya_bidrag_och_artister_klara_for_melodifestivalen_2011?lid=puff_2197828&lpos=lasMer

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36018#msg36018

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »
a lot must be commented on the 8 announced today

Sara Lumholdt is a former member of girl band A-Teens from which Marie Serneholt comes from too (MF 2009 "Disconnect me" 6th in semifinal 1). After little research, I found that her song writer Niclas Lundin has also produced Eric Saade's songs. Schlager is definitelty expected here.

What can be said about Sanna Nielsen except that she is already a five times MF finalist, finishing 3rd in 2001 and saved from second chance in 2007, she finished close 2nd in 2008, winning the televote with "Empty room". She was expected back and so she is, obviously here to win. That has happened already in the past and very little these stories ended up on a victory. Her song is written by Bobby Ljunggren who has written more than 40 MF songs, including "Se på mig" (MF winner 95), "Kärleken är" (MF winner 98), "Evighet" (MF winner 06), "Hero" (MF winner 08, in 2008 he also co wrote "Empty room" and "Lay your love on me" which finished 2nd and 3rd) and "This Is My Life" (MF winner 10). Thomas G:son is another big name of eurovision even though he is much less successful. He won the MF twice in 2001 and 2006 and his last entries did very poorly and in 2009 his songs for Lili & Susie, Mikael Rickfors and Maja Gullstrand all failed to reach the finale. Likewise, his song "Thursdays" by Lovestoned only finished 6th in semifinal 4 last year. This is already his second song in MF 2011. Irini Michas wrote Spain 2009 "La noche es para mi" and Sofia's song "Alla" in MF 2009 which was saved by International juries and finished 10th in finale.

Peter Boström has nothing but two songs in this list of 8 entries. Having worked with E-Type, Charlotte Perelli, Bosson or Ola Svensson in the past, he took part in recent MF with "Disconnect me" or "Thursdays" I already mentioned and "Manboy" which finished 3rd last year. Sanna and Danny can therefore expect quite a schlager poppy entry. Danny Saucedo is famous for his hit "Tokyo" and his a pop idol favorite. He took part as a group, E.M.D. in MF 2009 where he finished 3rd. This time he's on his own. He co-wrote his entry, "In the club" (what a program !) and Figge Boström also took part in it. He produced several MF entries and worked with Jessica Andersson, Erik Linder, Ola Svensson or ALcazar.

Lorén Talhaoui took part in pop Idol 2004. She wrote her song with Björn Djupström and Mohammad Denebi who wrote "Bye Bye Darling" in Anna Bergendahl's debut albulm.

Rasmus Viberg is an absolute new comer. But not his song writers. Amir Aly started MF with "Crazy in love", 4th in MF 2003 performed by Jill Johnson. SInce then he wrote more MF entries, including 2 in MF 2008 (Suzzie Tapper's "Visst finns mirakel" stopped in second chance and Rongedal's "Just a Minute" 4th again) and 2 again in MF 2009 (Cookies 'N' Beans' "What if" and Maria Haukaas Storeng & Anna Sahlene's "Killing me tenderly, both stopped in semi). He wrote 3 songs for Alexander Rybak : "Funny Little World", "Roll With The Wind" and "If You Were Gone". Henrik Wikström is yet another huge name for MF : "Lullaby" by Brandur or "Hope and Glory" by Måns Zelmerlöf were all his, but also Carola's winning MF entry in 2006.

Melody Club is a famous group, often tipped to enter MF but never did. Due to this, the drummer actually left the band, but they are indeed now in MF. The song is written by the group.

Simon Forsberg won the title Mr Gay Sweden this summer. Former Pop Idol singer, also a famous sprinter in his country, he's new to MF. But his songwriter is the most successful MF writer of the past years. Fredrik Kempe wrote "Hero" and "La Voix" and both songs were performed last in MF, rising suspicion that MF is definitely pushing his entries. Again in 2010 his song for Peter Jöback was performed last and reach the finale, but only to finish a disappointing 9th. However, Fredrik Kempe had another entry in MF 2010, Eric Saade's "Manboy" finishing 3rd and 2nd in televote. After the very obvious song "Manboy" with hot idole Eric Saade, chosing Simon Forsberg is an obvious move. However, for the first time in a very long time, Fredrik Kempe's song will be in Swedish.

Dilba is new to MF but she is a well known DJ. And I am glad to say her song writers are new to MF.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36024#msg36024

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
it's now the last week for the web jokers in Sweden
after many weeks of votes, the top 10 was chosen

from now on, one song will leave the competition every day until we get to the top 5 which will be performed live with a new televote to chose a top 2 to go to MF
that's a good decision since last year only the frist song of web vote went to MF, and it was very disappointing live and finished 7th of its semi

my favorite is still in competition and currently leading by 4000 votes, "On my own" I hope it gets a chance to be performed live and there it will be up to the singer to be good... the other songs in top 10 are really average except maybe "Better or worse" which is not typical and "Tusen nätter" a schlager performed by four blonde guys, only song in Swedish among the top 10, currently second, very good chances to go to MF

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36118#msg36118

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »

the first of 15 wildcards was announced today, and it'll be Babsan, a drag queen singing "Ge mig en spanjor" written by Larry Forsberg, Sven-Inge Sjöberg, Lennart Wastesson

Babsan is really Lars-Åke Wilhelmsson and has played his drag cabaret act since 99 he recently got famous and started making more and more joke singles, against swedish music industry... in his official site you can see him posing with Malena Ernman, Danny Saucedo or Ola (all former MF entrants) he was finally chosen to bring a joke entry and a different type of music to MF (out of 15 and not 4 anymore, one wildcard was doomed to go to a joke entry)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36146#msg36146

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:29:11 AM »

a second wildcard was announced, and it's Nicke Borg, an alternative rock/pop singer

tommorow the quarter final will be hosted between the five hopefuls for MF
my fave of all webjokers, Jonas Matsson "On My Own" won the online votes with more than 73,578 votes, while Billy's "Tusen nätter" finished second with 69,076 votes... Julia Alvgard's "Better or worse" got 66,709 votes, then "I wanna be with you" by Anton och Dejo got 61,721 votes and last Engla's "Don't stop" got 58,053 and secured th last spot of this roun for amateurs...

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36233#msg36233

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »

it seemed obvious that before the quart finale of tonight, a 15th name would be announced, giving us half of the 30 semifinalists... and it is none other than Elisabeth Andreassen (who won MF in 1982 and eurovision in 85 before finishing 6th and 2nd for her own country in 94 and 96) she also took part in several other countries, notably 3rd in 2002 with a song wirrten by Thomas Gsson. Her 2011 song will be "Vaken i en dröm", written by Lars "Dille" Diedricson, Calle Kindbom, Kristian Wejshag who were behind Fame's song in 2003.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36248#msg36248

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »
my two favorites went through  the Web quarter finale !!! in a small intimate and very good show, MF picked tonight two amateurs to join the pros in MF

JUlia Alvgard "Better or worse", written by Manne Hjelm, Ola Holstad, Joar Lenz
Jonas Matsson "On my own", written by Peter Autio, Sari Autio Olsson

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36256#msg36256

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »

"Like Suicide" by Christian Walz (by Fernando Fuentes, Henrik Janson, Tony Nilsson, Christian Walz)

"Oh My God" by Le Kid (by Märta Grauers, Anton Malmborg Hård af Segerstad, Felix Persson )

"Something In Your Eyes" by Jenny Silver (by Erik Bernholm, Thomas G:son, Henrik Sethsson)

"7 Days And 7 Nights" by Brolle (by Brolle)

"Elektrisk" by Anniela (by Johan Alkenäs, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren, Johan Fransson)

"Oh My God" by The Moniker (by Daniel Karlsson)

"The King" by The Playtones (by Fredrik Kempe, Peter Kvint)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36519#msg36519

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »

No Titles Yet by Anders Fernette (by JC Chasez, Carl Falk, Kristian Lundin)

"Alive" by Lindra Pritchard (by Oscar Görres, Fredrik Kempe)

"I Thought It Was Forever" by Shirley's Angels (by Robin Abrahamsson, Alexander Bard, Bobby Ljunggren, Henrik Wikström)

"No One Else Could" by Sebastian Karlsson (by Sebastian Karlsson)

"Spring För Livet" by Sara Varga (by Sara Varga)

"Popular" by Eric Saade (by Fredrik Kempe)

No Titles Yet by Love Generation (by RedOne)

"Lucky You" by Linda Sundblad (by Linda Sundblad

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36520#msg36520

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 10:12:45 PM »
here is the way the songs are matched in the four semis (not the running order yet)

First semi-final in Luleå on February 5

Desperados - Pernilla Andersson
In the Club – Danny
Me And My Drum – Swingfly
Oh My God – Le Kid
On My Own – Jonas Matsson
Social Butterfly – Rasmus Viberg
Something In Your Eyes – Jenny Silver
Try Again – Dilba

Second semi-final in Göteborg on February 12

Elektrisk - Anniela
Ge mig en spanjor - Babsan
I’m In Love – Sanna Nielsen
Like Suicide – Christian Walz
My Heart Is Refusing Me – Loreen
Oh My God! – The Moniker
7 Days And 7 Nights – Brolle
Vaken i en drom - Elisabeth Andreassen

Third semi-final in Linköping on February 19

Enemy – Sara Lumholdt
I Thought It Was Forever – Shirley´s Angels (Shirley Clamp)
Lucky You – Linda Sundblad
No One Else Could – Sebastian Karlsson
Popular – Eric Saade
Spring för livet – Sara Varga
The King – The Playtones
Tid att andas – Simon Forsberg

Fourth semi-final in Malmö on February 26

Alive – Linda Pritchard
Better Or Worse – Julia Alvgard
Don´t Stop – Anders Fernette
E de fel på mig – Linda Bengtzing
I Surrender – Lasse Stefanz
Leaving Home – Nicke Borg
The Hunter – Melody Club
Title not yet announced – Love Generation

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36521#msg36521

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »
many things could be said : first schlager is still very strong at eurovision, Thomas G:sson has three songs in the competition, and Frederik Kempe goes all the way to 4 including 2 for male twinks (Eric Saade for whom he wrote "Manboy" and Simon Forsberg, mister gay sweden)

lots of singers come back, Eric Saade trying to win this time, Jenny Silver and Linda Pritchard, both in the first semi last year and neither got to second chance... linda was very schlagery but Jenny was rather nice electro, but she's with a song by Thomas so who knows?

there are still a lot of surprising names out of the typical eurovision sphere, a lot of these singers wrote their own songs, and sometimes even in Swedish... Years after years we get surprises, good and bad in MF, i'm very hopeful nevertheless, even if at the end it'll still be an average rankings for sweden (unless the caroline and salem factors finall win MF!)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36522#msg36522

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »
When we will hear the songs first time? We have to wait till semifinals?
I think here will be again very strong songs, because some of them are written by Fredrik Kempe, who is just amazing song writer. All his written songs are great and I dont think then now he wrote for MF something bad. Can't wait for the live performances.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36744#msg36744

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 05:09:02 PM »
the songs will not be known til the live performances but every friday at noon there will be a 1mn clip of each song participating in the following saturday

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg36745#msg36745

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »

From First Semifinal got directly to final Danny with "In the club" and Swingfly with "Me and my drum".

Desperados by Pernilla Andersson and Something In Your Eyes by Jenny Silver have got a Second Chance =)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg37127#msg37127

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »
Well i watched entirely this semi…
let’s start with the good stuff, meaning the usually good stuff, stage, camera work, lights, interval act by Nanne, flawless, perfect, great webcast… the postcards hilarious with two great comedians who should have been the actual MF hosts : the real hosts were definitely below the usual MF level though, far from our usual comedians (Bjorn, Petra and Christine who did it the past three years)

now for the songs, disappointing first semi, except not really we’re used to first semis being really average if not worse in sweden… which sucks because the line up in semi 4 is intense (who can beat Melody Club and Love Generation? add to that Linda B. and Linda P. plus Julia…) Danny had it easy, he was a sure winner, but the other qualifiers all surprised me… i felt Jenny was a let down from her alternative songs last year, but she was an ok schlager in comparison

Jonas and Rasmus were fine in their own ways and definitely deserved to be in the top 4 of this edition… Le Kid’s song was pure crap and they can’t sing, i don’t care how visually fun their performance was, it did scare me to see boxes talk and walk

Pernilla’s song is fine but irrelevant and boring but what a fake performance! hateful can’t beleive it! Dilba’s song is cool but she can’t sing… that brings us to the main issue, recorded backings, they killed Dilba they make it very consing to even hear Danny… as the real amateur here, Jonas (internet joker) was the only one who sang perfectly his song, without the annoying backings. Swingfly were the good surprise, nice song, very radio friendly but a mess live due to the same backings, in Eurovision this would not only let Sweden in the semi again, but probably last too

my personal rankings
* Danny – In the club
* Jonas Matsson – On my own
* Jenny Silver – Something in your eyes
* Swingfly – Me and my drum
* Rasmus Viberg – Social butterfly
* Dilba – Try again
* Pernilla Andersson – Desperados
* Le Kid – Oh my God

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg37128#msg37128

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
Re: SWEDEN 2011 || Eric Saade - Popular
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »
Sweden has chosen its ESC entry for 2011 and it is

Eric Saade - Popular

Good luck Sweden  :goodjob:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg37443#msg37443
Åland forever!

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »
How much I dislike songs like this which have nothing, just nothing, to give.  :doh:

Has Sweden not yet noticed that songs like this don't do well anymore?  :o

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg37444#msg37444
Åland forever!

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »
the guy is very hot, but the performance, as good as it is, can't be the same as he had 7 dancers and can only have 5 but more importantly, in MF they had recorded backings and he can't have that in esc, he needs female backings to do most of the voices he had on stage, and even WORSE, he can't sing at all, all the big voices he can't do them, so he'll need someone like sakis...

...plus it's the third Kempe victory, after Charlotte and Malena, and it's not working at all in esc anymore, i think he'll do like Hera, very well in semi and die in the final.. maybe with his cute looks he'll get top 10 but that's it

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg37445#msg37445

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »
How much I dislike songs like this which have nothing, just nothing, to give.  :doh:

Couldn't agree more.  It's just a complete nothing of a song...but at least Eric is cute :P

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1391.msg37504#msg37504
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?