Author Topic: BELARUS 2011 || Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • fan of Arlene Francis
BELARUS 2011 || Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »

Who will be singing for Belarus in ESC 2011?  :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37294#msg37294
Åland forever!

Offline Andrey

• De Troubadour
  • Belarussian sweet boy
Re: BELARUS 2011 || ??? - ???
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »

The situation with the national preselection in Belarus is getting complicated. As we have informed earlier the ONT broadcaster has chosen Katya Langer (ex-Corriana) with song "Running Man" for Eurovision, however, as yesterday ESCKAZ has revealed, there are several provements that her song has been presented first in 2006. The revelation has caused a strong disputes in the broadcaster, and despite the German team behind Katya still suggests to change the song or record a new song for her sponsoring the complete participation expenses, the Belarus broadcasters are now looking on the reserve options.

The rules of the preselection are clear - each participant can submit only one song, in case of it's inelegibility package is disqualified completely and right to represent country is given to the reserve entrant. Will the broadcasters follow own rules, or as in last year will still bring against them a replacement song?

As we have informed, there has been total of 22 applications received, from them only around 10 coming from Belarus artists. At the moment broadcaster is refusing to publish the official list of entries, though the scandal is heating up. Neither Dmitry Koldun nor Irina Dorofeeva nor Litesound have submitted applications and they had confirmed it publically, so they seem to be out of the race. Among the Belarus entrants seemingly most high profile names are Lena Voloshina (ex-Pulya) with the song "It's Over", E.V.A. (ex Katrin from Eurofest 2008) with song of Max Aleynikov "You're Just the Sixth", Aura (Yulia Bykova, cowriter of the entry of B.Covali and C.Croitoru at Moldavian NF 2011) with "All My Love".

VIDEO:

A young pop-rock singer from Belarus Lena Voloshina already represents Belarus at the world music market. Eurovision fans will remember her appearances at the national final in 2008 with the song "That's All I Feel", and in 2007 with "Call Me". She also applied for last year's internal preselection. She is actively collaborating with such famous people as: Bruce Lowe (producer of the series of songs and albums from artists such as Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson) and Joakim Bjorklund (Swedish producer who has worked with artists such as Ace of Base, Alcazar, Thomas Anders, Sertab), as well as US-based Ego Works Music (on their account is work with such artists as Al Di Meola, Angie Stone, Macy Gray, Beverley Knight, Bosson, Within Temptation, as well as English-language albums of Ruslana and Vlad Topalov). For this spring is scheduled release of the debut album of Lena. All the songs in the album are written by Lena in collaboration with musician and arranger, Dmitry Golodko. Composition It's Over was also written by Dimitri Golodko on the lyrics of Lena specially for the contest, and recorded in the studio Forz in Minsk.

"Eurovision Song Contest - is primarily a contest of songs, not singers, and I believe that the selection for it must also be carried out between songs, rather than names. Therefore, until the last moment we were thinking, if we apply for the competition this year or not, trying to to prepare the final product, with which we would be fully satisfied. But now, when the song It's Over is ready, I think that it is quite capable to achieve success in the international contest. And I have been already taking part in numerous competitions and I consider this as a big bonus to me! The song is written in modern style, and despite the fact that it's not exactly what people expect from the application of Belarus, it's time to break the stereotypes! We are ready to bring experience to our team, specifically people with experience in the Eurovision contest, which lacked in the preparations of the previous contestants from our country, and together we will try to achieve the best possible results! And, of course, last but not least, we hope that despite the fact that the song is aimed at Europe and the European audience, it will appeal to Belarus music fans as well, and they will support my candidacy. My task is to be fully prepared for the contest. First of all, to be sure myself that my application is worthy. And only around the song we can build the image of the artist, and show production facilities, etc. Fortunately, we have got everything now and I can declare we are ready for Eurovision! ", said Lena to ESCKAZ.

Aura (Yulia Bykova) - from 1988 to 1995 was a soloist with the folk ensemble "Zorachka", with which gave more than 400 concerts, from 2001 to 2003 was singer in ensemble Meliora, Bahrain, in 2006 collaborated with winner of Grammy Eric Mouquet, France, in 2009 was awarded the "Golden Ear" by the Ministry of Information and Communication of the Republic of Belarus, in 2010 was winner of the Music Court show on ONT channel. As an author, Yulia wrote over 100 songs, sung by: Inna Afanasyeva, Irina Dorofeeva, Nelly Ciobanu, Nadezhda Babkina, etc. Together with her husband Evgeny Oleynik, Yulia produced the song-winner of Junior Eurovision 2007 Aleksey Zhigalkovich "With Friends".

Evgeny Oleynik, composer of "All My Love" told said: "I grew up listening to the music of Eurovision - ABBA, Teach-in, Celine Dion, Sertab - these are my favorite singers. And all this performers showed Europe the music that is best developed in their country - it is a famous Swedish sound of ABBA, the Turkish rhythms of Sertab, the French-language song of Celine Dion. However, the Belarusian organizers do not realize that the only thing why our performer may be interesting to the Europe - this is our Belarusian melody based on folk music. I'm surprised that each year the Belarusian organizers enter a supercomplex dance numbers (which would still lose out on the level), or try to make from the most beautiful Belarusian guys and girls a sort of a sex bomb, or try to repeat something from Hollywood movies. All this of course lowers an interest towards our entries in Europe - it is never interesting to watch reworks - people want to watch the original product. And considering the fact that during our participation, only 3 times a song of Belarusian authors was performed - the situation seems to be so sad. I am firmly convinced that only by showing the beauty of Europe, Belarus songs, we can expect not only the "neighboring points" (which incidentally we never get if we try to do it a "fashionable" way), but also the interest of all countries. My formula is a national melody + modern sound. By the way, we even think in case of victory in the national selection to sing a song in Belarusian. It will show us in the better light in the overall level of Eurovision. "

VIDEO:

Julia Bykova: "With fun I look how everyone try to copy Lady Gaga. It is so naive - to go on stage in shorts and think that everyone will love you even as the hundredth part of Lady Gaga. Stefani is an enterprise which employs thousands people, the industry is investing in a company millions of dollars - that's what makes people talk about the project. Its expensiveness and chic, well-known designers, super popular stylists. Gaga - is stage version of the magazine Cosmopolitan. About what kind of glamour, fashion designers we can speak in our situation? All of our design victories in the world have been brought by a national and avant-garde fashion. Our most touring groups are folk ensembles. I know - I worked in Zorachka - in the late 80's - early 90's we have been for monthes touring abroad. People perceive folk music with interest, the desire to plunge into another melody, in a different culture. We can never surprise Sweden with pop songs, and Germany with the rock ballad, France with rap, England with Madonna. They are building the faship - we just copy it. But we have our music - and we should play it".

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37295#msg37295

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • fan of Arlene Francis
Re: BELARUS 2011 || Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Am Belarusian
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:10:14 PM »
The song which will represent Belarus in ESC 2011 is

Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Am Belarusian

Good luck, Belorussia!  :goodjob:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37361#msg37361
Åland forever!

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
Greetings from 1970's :mosking:  :-[

The male choir is sooooooo Soviet Union kind of one.  :biggrin: This is so funny, that I kind of like it.  ;D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37362#msg37362
Åland forever!

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
Absolutely hilarious :rofl: :rofl:.  Fits into the "so bad I can't help but like it" category :-[

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37395#msg37395
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • fan of Arlene Francis
Re: BELARUS 2011 || Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »
Belarue has changed the song and the name of the new song  is

I Love Belarus

This new song is sooooo bad!  :doh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37456#msg37456
Åland forever!

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
Re: BELARUS 2011 || Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 02:35:40 AM »
The new song is rapidly becoming my guilty pleasure :-[ I should really hate it but I can't help but like it :doh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1466.msg37492#msg37492
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?