Author Topic: SWEDEN 2012 | Loreen - Euphoria  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
SWEDEN 2012 | Loreen - Euphoria
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »

Last night, MF 2012 kicked off with the first 8 songs being presented, 2 went to the final, 2 qualified for second chance and 4 were eliminated. Here are the results:

(3rd) 01 Sean Banan – Sean den förste banan
(7th) 02 Abalone Dots – På väg
(8th) 03 The Moniker - I want to be Chris Isaak
(5th) 04 Afro-Dite – The boy can dance

(2nd) 05 Dead by April – Mystery
(6th) 06 Marie Serneholt – Salt & pepper
(4th) 07 Thorsten Flinck & Revolutionsorkestern – Jag reser mig igen
(1st) 08 Loreen – Euphoria

you can check pictures there and the full show is available on svt's play: http://svt.se/melodifestivalen/article6993.svt

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40848#msg40848

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
Re: SWEDEN 2012 | Loreen - Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »
Well a first show means there are a lot of things to discuss. First of all, the hosts did a good job. The three ladies really did make a simple, effective yet funny and intrusive performance last night in their hosting job. I really enjoyed the fact that MF made the first semi’s interval act about how gay its reputation is (YMCA, gay sailors, one of them was really hot too, young skinny long blonde hair, yum!) and how feathery flamboyant it all is. That was really fun to watch and Sarah Dawn Finer most of all really stole the show. The stage is very effective and beautiful. You have to give a hand for it being able to transform so easily for a whole total new performance like Loreen’s. The results weren’t all that good but they were what you would have expected once you’ve seen the live performances. Now on with the songs.

To be fair, it’s what you expect in MF. One or two horrible schlagers, a few alternative entries that are just bad or europop disguised more or less well into something else and one or two jewels. I’m not disappointed: I knew what to expect and still enjoyed myself.

1. Loreen: imo the song was a disappointment when I first heard it but knew I had to wait to see the live. Yes the song is very 90s eurodance and it’s oldfashioned. But I think it’s not Thomas G:son killing someone with a crap. For instance, Jenny Silver was great and different. Then she came back with a song by him and it was boring and she barely did better. However, with Loreen, it’s not him who delivers a bad song to her, it’s more her taking a typical song by him and bring it on a new level. By killing the glitters and throwing the whole stage in darkness, with just her body often in full close up by the camera, she really changed the way MF is usually performed. And by the end, I was shouting “Euphoria” with her! Awesome!

2. Afro-dite: I hope I won’t shock too many people, but to me they were the second best tonight. Performance wise, very simple, very typical, but very effective thanks to a lot of charisma. Vocally neat as well. The rest is a simple story: you have your schlager song typical, but on the snippet it felt very pop and I was glad to hear it was very disco instead. I even here and there thought of the Supremes. What makes this better than the few songs to come next is that it didn’t feel fake or a betrayal. It felt Afro-dite was doing what they always do. And they do it well.

3. Abalone Dots: they were better than I expected and better than Timotej who are a just a girls bande doing schlager with instuments to look cool. They actually were performing a very acoustic and simple song and that was pretty nice thanks to lovely voices well mixed together. Problem? Yeah that song put me to sleep. After 2 minutes I was dead tired of looking at all three faces at once and of a song not going anywhere. And the flying flags were a bit lame. If you wana go simple, girls, do it simply.

4. Deady by April: It was a pale copy of Linkin Park. And I don’t even like Linkin Park! That was a lot of shouting and for what? For a heart? Seriously, you’re gonna go hard rock on our asses but to bring the main singer doing a cutstie little heart in his fingers at the end? I don’t buy it. And worst of all, you call that hard rock? The guy was killing his vocal cord, but the main singer and the chorus was totally schlager. “it’s just a mysteryyyyyyy” Typical. Lame. And the look? Clichéd. I’m just not totally mad against it because it was neat all over. The guys knew what they were doing and why, so it ended up looking neat for 3mns. And I’d rather this qualifying, even if it is a bad attempt at actual rock, than the 4 below it. Still, i hope Dynazty in the fourth semi won’t schlager themselves too.

5. Thorsten Flinck & Revolutionsorkestern : the whole alternative idea was pretty nice because it started a capella and then grew more and more into a song. I feel sad I can’t understand the lyrics for I’m sure it works with them. His odd performing was supposed to be that, odd. My problem with it, is that it never went anywhere really. It grew up and up to be a song, that was nice, I went “sure ok” but in order to like it I had to analyze is as I just did, and in the end, the song was over before I could actually put my mind to listening to it. And vocally he was extremely weak, and for such an exercice, a vocally perfection would have worked better.

6. The Moniker: I actually like his song this year better than last year’s. He moved from 3rd to last in his semi. Why? Simply because there was nothing there to see. Stupid disgusting lyrics, but a nice melody. However, his singing, his mimics, his attitude, his looks, everything worked fine last year for being innovative (sort of). This year, people thought “yeah sure ok” but didn’t buy it. You have to reinvent yourself to keep being alternative, else you’re in the fashion already. Loreen kept true to herself by changing entirely her performance (even going from red to green). Moniker failed at that and while Loreen triumphed, he was last.

7. Sean Banan: I think Thorsten did the job of being alternative, interesting, funny without being a joke. Seriously the lyrics make “Ikea” rhyne with “Carola”: this is a joke entry. Sure it’s kind of funny because it’s obvious he has so much fun doing it. And the Swedes would of course buy into it. But I’m glad they kept it in second chance where hopefully he’ll lose to a serious contender. This was just catchy but a terrible mess of a performance and melody. Just catchy and funny don’t do it for me. I expect more, I expect it to be smart and to say something (like Sylvia Night). In the end, I thought he eventually would get second and boy was I happy to see him and his wha were they roosters? out of the final.

8. Marie: where to begind? Oh yes, to that HORRIBLE look. Seriously? A sparking pyjamas is what you think will bring you votes? The song was the most typical and ridiculous one of the night. I mean sure you’re gonna have a few symbolic words sung over and over and over again while saking it. But salt and pepper? Seriously? And not even playing with it smartly either. They were actually shaking the salt on stage, this was just sad. Vocally weak, the routine lame, the song typical and clichéd. This had no chance. Marie is popular enough and the genre has many fans in Sweden, so she got 6th but that’s really how far it could ever go. Ever! So stop entering MF already…

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40849#msg40849

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
Once again, very interesting review of the songs.  :hug: I didn't remember to watch this heat in tv, so I don't know anything about the songs, but reading your review makes me want to watch the songs in youtube.  :)

I watched last night the 2nd heat in tv in SVTWorld, so I am really waiting for reading your review about it.  ;)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40902#msg40902
Åland forever!

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »

Last night, MF 2012 presented 8 more songs in its second semifinal, 2 went to the final, 2 qualified for second chance and 4 were eliminated. Here are the results:

(2nd) 01 Ulrik Munther – Soldiers
(4th) 02 Top Cats – Baby doll
(6th) 03 Sonja Aldén - I din himmel
(7th) 04 Andreas Lundstedt – Aldrig aldrig

(3rd) 05 Timoteij – Stormande hav
(1st) 06 David Lindgren – Shout it out
(8th) 07 Mimi Oh – Det går för långsamt
(5th) 08 Thomas Di Leva – Ge aldrig upp

you can check pictures there and the full show is available on svt's play: http://svt.se/melodifestivalen/20120211203033/bildextra_hela_sandningen_av_melodifestivalen_2012_i_bilder

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40908#msg40908

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
The second semi of MF is usually the weakest of all 4 of the season. We can't know for sure that it will be the case this year again but it sure looks like it. With Jessica Folcker in a very noisy interval act featuring rap and last year's "Elektrisk" (6th in second semi), the semi final was extremely boring, without even featuring an inch of suspense about who would go through. The two huge favorites waltzed in the final while the little bit of suspense left was down to knowing if Thomas di Leva could sneak in or not. With 5 songs in Swedish however, it was the first time in a very long time that the national language was featured as much (with the return of Sonja and Andreas, it sure helped). No worries though, the two winners of the night performed in English, and the third one also made it to second chance. I seriously think that, apart from Ulrik's freshness, the true winner of this show was once more Sarah Dawn Finer who owned the stage. I'm starting to miss her in the competition already.

I still managed to enjoy myself here and there, because of the well produced show and of the great webcast (in comparison, it was disaster to watch Lithuania who offered better entries, more surprising and different).

1. Ulrik Munther: when he was announced in MF, I checked him out. Thought he looked more like a kiddo MF contestant and was worried for a typical Kempe entry but I was definitely wrong. With a song he cowrote, Ulrik managed to perform the simpliest and therefore nicest song of the night. Harmless poprock with the harmonica trick that made him both sweet and sure of himself. But what was most interesting and definitely worth the while was his voice. At his age, he really already masters it, maybe apart from one bit where it might have been hard for him, but he managed to stay very professional and it was very smooth. A very controlled act, a nice maisntream song and a strong simple performance made it the best of the night for sure.

2. Thomas di Leva: there's always an odd duck in MF and sometimes it workes, sometimes it doesn't. I hope the fact Loreen is a favorite wont stop the Swedes from voting for other untypical singers and performers. Thomas surely deserved to be in the top 4 of the night with one of the stronger songs of the night and of MF so far. Very well crafted, catchy without being obnoxious about it, his look and performing always been offtopic, as in the 80s lives and songs you can check on youtube. Overall, Thomas brought himself to MF and that was very interesting to see. Maybe the song needed to be a bit more wow to manage to sneak in the second chance, but I was already glad he was featured in the top5.

3. David Lindgren: He surely was cocky and confident and so sure to make it through that I jsut hated him all along. Besides that, his song is a big huge schlager eurodance that we heard a billion times and he brought guess what nothing new to it. Of course he'd win the weakest semi! Typical insulting lyrics, typical melody, a very cute face and ass, a nice routine, an extremely weak voice that you could hear here and there a few wrong notes but with such a loud screamy voice over you couldnt really notice (with Loreen, it was very loud and shouty too, but when you did hear her, at least the notes were perfectly sung). Overall, this would have been a disaster if it wasn't such a weak semi and I'm glad it went through. I seriously think Danny will be very similar to this, except miles better (Danny can sing, better than Eric and David put together!) and he's just been runner-up so Swedes will favor of him. But if their votes divide a bit, it could be Loreen's luck!

4. Top Cats: well from now on it'll be very quick and easy to sum up what I think. I don't like Elvis, I like even less his copy cats and we had one in eurovision, two in last year's MF final already and really can't care less for this one, except they're cute and perform a fun cheeky song out of it. I'm not sure I don't like it but I'm very sure I don't like it either. I'm just too confused by it. Let's just say the song is nice if it wasn't reduced constantly to nothing else BUT an elvis copy cat and impression. Why can't you be yourself, and find a way to be innovative along the gimmick? That would surely be more interesting. Apart from that, nice gig from a nice group. It just wasn't for me I guess.

5. Andreas Lundstet: his MF career is outstanding in terms of results. And he sure knows his job. I thought his performance was better crafted than David's. But Swedes don't like these big shows, with wind, smoke and all the extra accessories anymore, and people like Andreas or Sonja are getting outdated to MF if they can't renew themselves. People like it more when it dances and shakes it all over with 80s eurodance. Andreas and Sonja are too 90s-00s and just seem irrelevant without bringing anything new to MF. I still think Andreas had nice vocals and a good show, if only it wasnt for a very ugly gold jacket, that still managed to not be the worst look of the night. So yeah, it was very bad, but I couldn't really hate it either.

6. Timoteij: I find it odd that people were sure they would go through only because they did before and looked good. Guess what, MF people and voters might not be the best judge, but they're surely not that shallow and stupid. Understanding how they vote is better than shouting stupid stuff all over the net. I was sure Timoteij wouldn't make it. Simply for the same reasons as already mentioned twice before (and I'll say it again for Sonja). Renew thyself! You can't just pretend to be new, cheeky and fresh each time. Andreas and Sonja had their parts to play, the elvis copy cat worked last year, but this year no can't do. And same goes for Timoteij. Schlager barely hid as folk, four hot blonde girls. Nah, we already had that before and the song isn't even as catchy as "kom" was. All in all, their fans helped them in the second chance. But they better be careful, a third MF entry like that and they'd be gone for ever. Phew!

7. Sonja: I never liked her. It's true! I remeber her "Etymon" in 2006 which was a bad schlager ignored. In 2007 she came back from second chance when I was sure that Magnus would beat her to it and finally had a decent MF career. But she seriously is very typical. In the ballad entry, in 2007 we all saw that Sarah Dawn Finer was a much stronger singer (vocally) and performer (charismatically and look-wise). The fact that someone like Shirley Clamp, runner-up and 4th in 2004 and 2005, would finish dead last in her semi in 2009 should have advised Sonja not to be typical and all-over the top herself. Ugly dress, hugely disgusting typical clichéd vomiting bridge and wind performance, and most of all, a simply weak song and voice just killed her.

8. Mimi-Oh: where to start? Oh yeah, yellow is not an easy color. I mean even baby chickens try to hid they're yellow. But add some pink and some leather down there and you got me puking. Terribly weak voice, a typical schlager entry that was put to shame at least by Andreas and most of all David, and you got what you deserved. Last of the semi. Last on my list. Good bye, thank you for adding numbers to what MF should never have tried.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40909#msg40909

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 04:32:17 PM »

Last night, MF 2012 presented 8 more songs in its third semifinal, 2 went to the final, 2 qualified for second chance and 4 were eliminated. Here are the results:

(3rd) 01 Youngblood – Youngblood
(8th) 02 Maria Ben Hajji – I mina drömmar
(5th) 03 Mattias Andréasson - Förlåt mig
(6th) 04 Love Generation – Just a little bit
(7th) 05 Carolina Wallin Pérez – Sanningen

(4th) 06 Andreas Johnson – Lovelight
(1st) 07 Molly Sandén – Why am I crying
(2nd) 08 Björn Ranelid & Sara Li – Mirakel

you can check pictures there and the full show is available on svt's play: http://svt.se/melodifestivalen/20120218001958/genrepet_i_leksand

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40963#msg40963

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
It was harder to follow the third semi because at the same time, Eesti Laul started its campaign with an amazing show, well put together, cozy, simple, effective and with the best songs of the year (though they're all pakced in semi 2: Traffic, Tenfold Rabbit, Malcolm Lincoln, Mimicry and Lenna Kuurma). But I still kept watching Sweden until the end, just muting for the songs in each other's semi. Like the second semi, out of the 4 songs in Swedish, three are already out of the competition. That simple. I don't get why they even dare sending swedish entries if they're all gonna do miserably, unfairly I might add. The third semi wasn't as bad as the second one in terms of songs, but it was worse in terms of performance and way worse in terms of results. The 4 eliminated songs are in my top 5, actually my top 2 were voted out! The Swedes will never learn. We finally give them songs, and they refuse them, neglect them, ignore them. Once more the interval act consisted of a former MF song, performed in a whole different genre. It was interesting to say the least to see Pontare's "Silverlight" done in its urban contemporary new style. I must say, for the third time now, that Sarah is an amazing host.

Now let's dive into this pile of nonsense results.

01 Carolina Wallin Pérez: well "Sanningen" is definitely the best song I heard in all of MF 2012 so far. It's got an amazing style being moody without being slow and overthe top cliché of the "alternative" genre. It was just a very nice beat, a very nice smooth melody and an incredible voice to deliver it. And Carolina's look into the camera really worked it over. She was a good performer, a great vocal performer and got an amazing song. The look may be the one issue though. Not her haircut or earrings, that I liked. But that "thing" she wore had no shape whatsoever. You couldn't even tell if it was just old fashion 50s style she went for. She didnt seem to go for anything and that did look odd. The performance was also problematic. Now you've got yourself a slow and moody song that you got to deliver. Sure she worked her eyes on camera. Went there, stepped here. But overall it felt academic, more like the ritual of the alternative performance more than just the performance in itself. I wasn't really moved by it and knew she'd get kicked off the competition unfairly.

02 Mattias Andréasson: the song was different too. More R'n'B than eurodance but it had that electro soung to it too. Overall, it tried to do too many things at once, and I thought it was way cool but I guess not many people bought into it. Overall he was very charismatic, charming looking and definitely a very strong vocal performer. When he was picked in the top 5 I thought it was between him and Andreas to get saved for second chance, and Andreas does have a bigger and stronger fan base so Mattias was doomed to be that odd duck like Thomas di Leva, different and intersting enough to earn some votes, not enough to make the final cut. Sad.

03 Molly Sandén: I never liked her. It's that easy. In 2009, she was a teenage hype thanks to High School Musical. And in her heat, she got extremely lucky. Third only of the second round, she should have been kicked off with the regular sysem. But 2009 was the only year when they had duels including in the semis, and in her semi, she had EMD who got a lot of teenage votes, so the teenagers, in the other duel, voted for her over BWO, a miles better than her. Dead last in the final (11th that year), with only 2pts from the short-lived International jury, she really got on my nerves. She grew a mature singer who totally understood that Sanna got second in 2008 with a dramatic and powerful but modern rocky ballad and did the same. In this weak semi, she did deserve to earn all the votes she did. She's a talented and nice singer in a very clichéd boring song and with a leather look that really puzzled me. But I'm quite confident she'll do better in the final this time.

04 Love Generation: oh god can this be true, the day I have Love Generation in the top 4 lol. But to be fair, this was the one guilty pleasure of mine. Sure I hate them. They're shallow, simplistic, barbie figures who think they're hot. Very annoying. ANd yes their look was really off putting. That blonde fringe kept making me sick and the one-legged illusion-like look. God, scary! And it made them look fat! I mean for barbies you wanna avoid stripes that make you look fat! Apart from that, the light pattern worked well, vocally they were stronger than last year (yes yes they did improve) and the song was much better. It was in fact an improved schlager. It felt more american than your usual Swedish europop and I enjoyed the feeling the song actually had a purpose. But in the end, it was too melodramatic and over the top to please the Swedes who prefer their own eurodance (see "Mirakel" further below). Maybe it'll be the end of that group, and RedOne will stop torturing Europeans! I guess that's for the better.

05 Maria Ben Hajji: she was only my 4th or 5th in the web selection and to be fair, I thought she got extremely lucky to get the ticket. Now when you saw her live, you totally understood how unfamiliar she was with the whole thing, spotlights, staging, scenery. It all looked so amateur and fake that I kept feeling sorry for her, knowing she'd be dead last. She started with a billion false notes and fake smiles. Such incomfort was very hard to take. And I never liked the candlelights. They're the pure symbol of disney on stage imo. From Malta 1998 to Hungary 2008, I've hated it all (well, Chiara was such amazing in 98 that I look past it, but still it prevents it from being perfect). So yeah, there wasn't much for me in this one, except that overall, she did look sweet and had an innocent irrelevant song. It was too harmless to hate. Not good enough to like.

06 Youngblood: a fake group put together by Kempe because he knows that schlager with hot guys do well. Seriously? No. Eric Saade had so much energy, so much charisma, so much power and eager, a huge fan base and asked for excellent songs (excellent in their genre not in themselves) like "Manboy" and "Popular" (imo "Manboy" is brilliant at what it does, and thought "Popular" was a slight letdown). Overall, though, Kempe's music as you all know is not for me. But Youngblood was more of a joke and a huge copy of Eric Saade than anything else. Sure they looked sexy (well only two really, the one with the open shirt and the blonde that did the backflip) but they couldn't sing a single note. They had a dull over the top performance with the torch, the lyrics were insulting to anyone's common sense and the group is so fakely put together (song and name of the group the same, have some imagination guys) that I hoped the Swedes would destroy it. I guess there are too many teenagers watching, but it being only in second chance is a relief.

07 Andreas Johnson: since the not too bad "Glorious" that threw him into fame, Andreas has done millions of songs all sounding the same and none of them interested me. It's pretentious, not entertaining, typical. And his good boy vintage is really not working with his face and voice. The "la la la" last night just made me jump off madness. In 2006, 3rd, in 2007, 2nd and finally kicked out in second chance by Nordman in 2008 while he was joined by none other than Carola, he came strong in 2010 with what I thought was his better song to date in MF. However, last night it was his worst and I was sure the Swedes were gonna ignore him once more. He's too famous not to make it to second chance, sadly, but it's good not to see him in the fina for a change.

08 Björn Ranelid & Sara Li: joke or no joke entry, I don't speak Swedish and don't get the amazingness of the lyrics as they are so called online. What is for sure is that, if you want a talking/poetic part with a more singing part, you need to make them both good and them put them together nicely. This wasn't the case here at all. The talking parts were obnoxious. The singing part was the lowest form of swedish europop/schlager and performed stupidly with a really ridiculous routine and ludicrous look. All in all, this was the night's horror and of course they bought into it. It's very scary to see how televote can lead us into the worst possible direction and yes, maybe it's a Swedish type of spirit and I respect that, but I do think that's not at all what the contest should be about. I'm quite sure the juries are gonna prevent it from doing too well, but it could sneak in a few good televotes! Scary!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40964#msg40964

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »
The second semifinal was the first one which I watched, because I forgot to watch the 1st semifinal in tv. Melodifestivalen is shown in FST5 channel in Finland. FST5 is the Finnish Swedish tv channel. Here come my opinion about the songs.

1. Ulrik Münther: I don't know how old he is but he looks out like an upper secondary school boy, what he most probably is. He did a very good performance, and he got a direct place to final, which was not a miracle actually. Still, this song was not my favorite and I still today can't remember anything about the song itself.

2. Tom Cats: Really a very happy and cheery song. I don't like Elvis too much, but this song from 1950's made me very happy and I was sure that it would do well, just like it did. One of my favorites of the 2nd heat.

3. Sonja Aldén: What a lovely song! I really enjoyed this song, in my opinion it was the best song of the night by far, so sad that it was robbed. I believe that "medioker Pelle Svensson" doesn't like ballads and that is why it wasn't qualified. Anyway, Niko loves this. Also the dress was magnificent, which brought into my mind the good old esc times when the singers appreciated the gala audience and wore dresses which were beautiful to watch at.  :heart:

4. Andreas Lundstedt: What was this for a song? And the performance? It was not as bad as song nr 7, but still, was this a kind of a joke entry? If so, I am glad that it didn't qualify.

5. Timotej: Awww, another of my favorites. Those happy, beautiful girls and their beautiful and frendly singing and playing made me smile. Strange that it didn't go to the final directly. (Maybe it was too good for that.) Actually, they reminded me about Kuunkuiskaajat.  :) I really loved this song and whole athmosphere!

6. David Lindgren: The only thing I liked in this song was his dress. Otherwise it sounded to me quite messy.  :-[ From the applauds he recieved both before and after the song, I understood that he was the favorite of the evening and that he would go directly to final.

7. Mimi Oh: I don'r want to strain my fingers to write anything about this song. Just a couple of words: stupid, horrible, forgettable, Worst song of the night. By the way, do some female singers like to dress as if they were pr...., you know what!  :-X

8. Thomas di Leva: Now where was the song? This was such a boring song that I wanted to change the channel after half a minute. Another thing: because I know nothing about this singer, so may I ask if he is a drag queen or a transvestite?  :-[

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg40965#msg40965
Åland forever!

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
Well Sweden have (totally unsurprisingly) chosen Loreen.  Personally I don't like the song - it's a typically boring dance song with absolutely nothing unique about it at all!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41234#msg41234
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »
Well after last night i'm still on a state of Euphoria! really amazing 3 minutes. at the beginning Loreen smiled, and i didn't know what to expect, but the rest was absolutely amazing. one of the best performances of all time. i really love it, especially when the House music part getting stronger.

LOL i sound now like Melodifestivalen freak, but the honest truth is that MF was always far from being among my fav national finals, on the contrary, i never liked it for being so "bombastic" and live shows important more than songs. but still, after many years, Loreen made me watch it again, and i'm happy to say i really enjoyed, especially with the results :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41236#msg41236

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
Åland forever!

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
Even if the winner was clear, I was wishing that another song would win, but no.  :( I must say that I have never liked this song and it certainly won't be among my favorites.  :no:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41240#msg41240
Åland forever!

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 03:57:04 AM »
Well Sweden have (totally unsurprisingly) chosen Loreen.  Personally I don't like the song - it's a typically boring dance song with absolutely nothing unique about it at all!
Even if the winner was clear, I was wishing that another song would win, but no.  :( I must say that I have never liked this song and it certainly won't be among my favorites.  :no:

Maybe i'm still living in a dream of Euphoria LOL, so far it looked to me that there is big consensus about this song, and even by ppl from different ages and different musical tastes, but i swear both of your comments were the first negative comments i ever saw about the song, and with the days passing by, i found you're not alone...
to be honest, as Sweden was always known to pick specific type of song (i was sure Danny would win MF!), i never saw Loreen winning Melodifestivalen....i thought it's too good to win this, but now i don't see anyone taking victory from her in ESC (i don't see juries like a lot "Woki mit deim popo" which i actually like...)
and as speaking of "consensus", to be honest, i was always consensus breaker....Sweden represented by Carola and Charlotte was dreaded last in my ranking in both 2006 and 2008 respectively, and especially for those reasons i mentioned before. last year, Croatia was my 1st, but i got the feeling i didn't surprise anyone with it, especially due to the very negative consensus against it...
but this year, the feeling is that i've "crossed the road"  :o so all i have to add, is something being said to me by someone special: "If Sweden is in your first place, then the end of the world will come for sure this year!"  :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41270#msg41270

Offline Dartacan

• De Troubadour
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »
This is simply one of the most retarded songs I've ever heard.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41271#msg41271

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
I'm sooo happy that Loreen won. This year is totally Loreen year. (who agree, who doesnt).
I couldn't stop watching the performance from MF. And the song is playing almost whole day from my phone. ( I hope I won't listen it too much :D )
Loreen have done amazing job and I really wish to have next ESC in Sweden =)

Good luck to Loreen and Sweden!

Euphoooria :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41274#msg41274

Offline Amaranth

• De Troubadour
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:08:08 AM »
The most overrated song of Eurovision 2012. And the worst part is we all know that this song is going to win  :mad2:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41279#msg41279

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »

Offline Gerly

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
    • Dima Bilan
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
Best parody of Loreen "Euphoria" so far :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41773#msg41773

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 12:47:07 AM »
ROFL! LOLOLOLOL! especially about the fail landing at the end, the "snow" at her mouth and wtf1 direkt :rofl: awesome!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41775#msg41775

Offline Sarbel

• Mysterious Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 01:06:17 AM »
Great parody :D I saw it yesterday and laughed so hard  :laugh:

Anyways, I really like the song... It stands out, especially the performance :) I hope for someone else to win because it will be very boring if she wins... She won every single voting so far :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1640.msg41777#msg41777