Author Topic: ESC 2012 - Semi-final 1  (Read 13411 times)

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
ESC 2012 - Semi-final 1
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest 2012
Semi-final 1

22 May 2012
Baku Crystal Hall, Baku, Azerbaijan

• The ten countries in this semi-final with the highest scoring points, according to a combination of televotes and jury votes from each voting country, will qualify for the final.
  • Azerbaijan, Italy and Spain will vote in this semi-final.

01. Montenegro: Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro
02. Iceland: Gréta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget
03. Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac
04. Latvia: Anmary - Beautiful Song
05. Albania: Rona Nishliu - Suus
06. Romania: Mandinga - Zaleilah
07. Switzerland: Sinplus - Unbreakable
08. Belgium: Iris - Would You?
09. Finland: Pernilla Karlsson - När Jag Blundar
10. Israel: Izabo - Time
11. San Marino: Valentina Monetta - The Social Network Song
12. Cyprus: Ivi Adamou - La La Love
13. Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better
14. Russia: Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody
15. Hungary: Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts
16. Austria: Trackshittaz - Woki Mit Deim Popo
17. Moldova: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar
18. Ireland: Jedward - Waterline

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41894#msg41894
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
Re: ESC 2012 - Semi-final 1
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
Btw, here is the recap of the recent rehearsals:

And i must say, following the rehearsals, my thoughts and predictions got completely changed (as well as in the other semi), but now i think like this:

Will qualify from the top places: Iceland, Finland, Cyprus, Denmark, Hungary
Will also qualify: Latvia, Romania, Israel
Narrowly qualifying: Greece, Ireland

Therefore, Eliminated countries are: Montnegro, Albania, Switzerland, Belgium, San Marino, Russia, Austria, Moldova.

about the countries i think will qualify, there were very convincing imo, so i'll explain about the countries, which i think will be eliminated:

Moldova - i think there is BIG 11th place in the semi written on it.

Russia - now you might think..."Danijel are you crazy? Russia out?!" well i think this is the most fooling joke song of all time, who make ppl loved the grannies, rather than having antagonism in the past against songs of the likes of Alf Poier, Dustin The Turkey and the Chiki-Chiki guy. but to be honest, let's face it, had it was sung by young ladies, it wouldn't be also considered as joke entry, but many would say the sing badly and etc..but i think more important is that i got the feeling that Russia is totally overshadowed by the power of Denmark and Hungary. also, traditional 12 pts givers to Russia, which are Belarus and Ukraine, are playing on the other semi, and don't forget that the juries returning to ESC was all a direct result of Russia being always in the top positions prior to 2009. and also one more thing, it really looks logical to me that Engelbert Humperdinck will be the only oldie in the final somehow...

Austria - this was completely ruined...from song who could achieve great, it really turned into big strip show. this is really drastic fall since the entertaining performance in the national final, and i think this is going down.

Belgium - very lovely singer, and i still say it is very lovely song, but i really don't see it making any impact among rest of the songs.

Switzerland - even though i like it a lot, if Lovebugs didn't qualify, i really don't see this qualifying. it just lacks something.

San Marino - the performance is quite cute, making it look like a song more than ever, but do i have to say more?!

Albania - Heavy...not any other word to describe....this song is just being far to heavy...

Montenegro - i love it, this guy is very entertaining, and the thing which he looks like after some good drink or good smoke, really brings smile on my face, but that's not what gonna make him earn more than 1 digit number at the points row...

In general, i think this is the stronger semi out of the two!  :goodjob:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41897#msg41897

Offline rapsodia

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
And here is my own personal prediction from where I stand right now. I must firstly state that I have not seen one single rehearsal video and read everything I could find about them. (That's what I do ever year.)

I see only two certainties at the moment: Romania and Russia. I'd add Iceland and Moldova to them too but I think there's one tiny bit of a possibility that either or both could just miss the cut.

As for Denmark and Ireland I'm slightly less confident, even if the odds seem to be on their side. They'll probably be in and especially Denmark could go either way in my opinion, might hit the top three or finish just outside the top ten. We'll see. In any case Ireland will be somewhere between 7-12 I presume.

For the moment my qualifiers list also include Albania, Cyprus and Greece, though each of them has a certain vulnerability. In Albania's case it could very well be my wishful thinking but I think she's just too powerful to be fully ignored. I'm expecting her to be a big hit with juries (even if I know how unpredictable they can be) but also I believe that she could convince some televoters as well. As for Cyprus and Greece, while I have a hunch that both cannot qualify with similarly cheap, incompetenly sung, immature songs, until seeing the actual performances I'm still predicting them both to get through. However if one of them should fail I think that will be Greece as this year's Emmy or Yüksek Sadakat.

And after those nine things get trickier. For the moment I have no idea who's the frontrunner for the remaining spot. My initial prediction was favoring Israel but their rehearsals don't seem to generate much buzz. I personally think that based on the song quality that one should be a clear choice, but the pre-season has proved that the song's appeal is quite limited and Israel has always been hit or miss at the qualification stage. So I'm not quite assured yet.

Even though the rehearsal impressions seem to be under-enthusiastic I have a feeling that Austria has somewhat of a chance for grabbing the last spot. I'm still not sure if the "joke" will work with the televoters and there's a strong possibility (for which I'm literally praying) that the juries will kill this off completely, but for the moment I think they are waiting in the wings.

Since I loathe the Latvian song (not exactly musically, but you know what I mean I suppose) I could never bear the thought of seeing that performance once again on the final night but at the moment this idea doesn't seem totally out of place. If jury vote and the televoting go two completely different ways in this semi, this middle of the road number could benefit from that and end up in the 9th or 10th position. I'm still trying not to think about that.

Another song I strong dislike come from Switzerland but almost all the rehearsal reviews I read have been optimistic about their chances. I'm still having a hard time to imagine who could vote for them (Juries? Televoters? Which countries?) but I still think they might have a better chance of marginally qualifying then the other 5 entries.

As for those five, I think Montenegro and San Marino are dead in the water. Finland and Hungary they both are in my ideal qualifiers list but I cannot see either of them appealing enough voters (having said that Hungary could well benefit from performing between two gimmicky entries, but this could also underline the blandness of the performance). As for Belgium I hate to admit but I think this is the only one of this bunch with a minor hope of just squeezing in. For my money this is absolutely the weakest ballad of the whole contest, but I'm afraid it could attract more televoters than more mature slow entries. I'm hoping that juries will be more resistant towards this kind of "emo stuff".

So for the moment my prediction list is in order of descending probability:

1. Romania
2. Russia
3. Iceland
4. Moldova
5. Denmark
6. Ireland
7. Albania
8. Cyprus
9. Greece
10. Israel (if I stick to my initial prediction)

Just missing out: Austria, Switzerland, Latvia, Belgium
Not happening: Hungary, Finland, San Marino, Montenegro.

And my dream list would be:
1. Albania
2. Iceland
3. Israel
4. Denmark
5. Finland
6. Romania
7. Hungary
8. Moldova
9. Greece
10. Russia (while I find the song offensively bad I definitely want Babushkis on the final night)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41899#msg41899

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
One more thing i can say about this semi, is that probably i will never understand the buzz around Romania and Russia...i consider both songs poor, however, the Romanian performance still brings good and happy feeling with it, while the Russian entry, i really can't see different than joke entry.

anyway, among those songs i mentioned that will qualify, if there's one song i think will qualify, but i'm definitely not sure whether it is qualifier or not, it is Ireland. something in the air reminds me the past that many thought comebacks would be successful, while they weren't (e.g. Ich Troje, Selma), however i do believe that the Jedwars are qualifiers rather than non-qualifiers, and i totally agree with Can that the most certain thing, as far as i see it, is that Ireland will finish 7th-12th in this semi.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41900#msg41900

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:52:16 AM »
my wish list (from first to tenth): Albania, Israel, Iceland, Finland are the 4 that I really would die for, then I think Switzerland, Denmark and Hungary really deserve to make it considering this bunch, the last three I'd save would be Moldova, Latvia and Austria (so out for me are Monteengro, Greece, Romania, Belgium, San Marino, Cyprus, Russia and Ireland)... I won't discuss more now because it could change (especially Latvia and Austria making the cut) after seeing the live and I will explain in length as I do every year my FINAL rankings when they are known after eurovision...

as for a prediction I'd say that Romania, Russia and Iceland are the three I'm sure of; for a very long time I said Denmark would do a Anna Bergendhal, but that would only be true if she were in the second semi, in this one, she's going through I think. I also think Ireland are not going to do that well, but they'll barely make it. That's five, as for the other five, it could go almost to anyone, except Montenegro and San Marino which I don't see through at all and I also still think that between Greece and Cyprus, one will kill the other, and I'll shock people but I think Cyprus won't make the cut. I also don't think Finland will stand out at all, and I fear the worst for Hungary too. Both of them being undeservely kill, their only hope is to grasp the juries help big time... which leaves hope for Albania and Israel after all! Just like Can said, I think Rona is just too amazing to not convince. She was an instant love of mine, and then she made it through three long nights of FiK and the juries will love her!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41902#msg41902

Offline Amaranth

• De Troubadour
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:38:22 AM »
My dream list :

Montenegro
Iceland
Switzerland
Romania
Israel
Denmark
Hungary
Moldova
Austria
San Marino

Prediction:

Iceland
Greece
Albania
Romania
Cyprus
Russia
Denmark
Moldova
Ireland
Belgium/Finland

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41903#msg41903

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »
My personal top 10 (may change after the final performances this evening of course):

01. Belgium
02. Denmark
03. Latvia
04. Cyprus
05. Iceland
06. Finland
07. Austria
08. San Marino
09. Romania
10. Israel

Belgium and Denmark are my two favorites this semi-final. The entries from Latvia, Iceland and Finland are very cute and I think that the songs from Cyprus, Austria, San Marino and Romania are very catchy and therefore, they deserve a place in the final in my opinion. For the 10th place I was in doubt between Israel & Albania and I think that Israel is slightly better.

But one thing is for sure: Greece will qualify for the final. This country is extremely popular among Eurovision fans, it doesn't seem to matter what they send. Add the fact that cheap, shaky, pop songs like Aphrodisiac always do well and it's clear that Greece will win this semi-final. I'm also pretty sure that Russia will qualify.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41907#msg41907
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »
This is how I think will happen in semifinal 1 tonight:

Qualifers in the order of performing:

Iceland, Greece, Albania, Romania, Finland, Israel, Russia, Hungary, Moldova and Ireland.

My favorite top 10 in the order of performing:

Iceland, Latvia, Albania, Switzerland, Belgium, Finland, Israel, Russia, Hungary and Moldova.

I dropped out both Denmark and Cyprus. I don't believe that all 3 similar songs - Cyprus, Greece and Romania - would qualify. And then, on the other hand, I think Danish song is a little bit lame and monotonous.

But, I am not the only one who is voting in the 1st semifinal, so whatsoever can happen. I am really worried for Pernilla.  :-[

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41925#msg41925
Åland forever!

Offline corlagol

• De Troubadour
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
These 10 I predict to go through the Final:

Russia
Iceland
Greece
Ireland
Denmark
Romania
Moldova
Albania
Latvia
Switzerland

My wishlist though:

* Iceland
* Albania
* Ireland
* San Marino

+ 6 songs from semi 2  :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41927#msg41927
Resultaten behaald in het verleden zijn een garantie voor de toekomst

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
I'm watching the semi-final now, but I missed Montenegro. How was their performance?

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41933#msg41933

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »
It's so interesting to watch the show now considering that I intentionally did not to watch most of the videos this year  I'll try to update this post after each performance.

01. Montenegro: Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro
Their euroneurotic thing almost got me curse (and I rarely do that). What was that? I'm so glad I managed to save my ears so far.   

02. Iceland: Gréta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget
Just one word: forgetable  :shrug:

03. Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac
No surprise here ... so Greekish, the kind of song Greece sends at ESC for years.

04. Latvia: Anmary - Beautiful Song
Nice to listen to. Kind of repetitive, but still nice. The performance could have been a bit more ... dynamic I think

05. Albania: Rona Nishliu - Suus
Felt sorry to see her suffer like that. The performance itself made me pay more attention to Rona. Don't know what to think about it overall though. Have to listen to this song again (after semi) I guess.

06. Romania: Mandinga - Zaleilah
Our happy go lucky song.  I love Mandinga for years if only for the joy their songs brings. I'll let you comment this one.

07. Switzerland: Sinplus - Unbreakable
Glad to see something different
I really have to ask the guys to forgive me for having other lyrics on my mind while watching their performance: "unbreakable, one land of dreams land of dreams, unbreakable". No resemblance whatsoever: 

08. Belgium: Iris - Would You?
Nice. Clean performance, still missing something though

09. Finland: Pernilla Karlsson - När Jag Blundar
Lovely

10. Israel: Izabo - Time
Not my cup of tea this year.

11. San Marino: Valentina Monetta - The Social Network Song
Someone told me last year at the office : "if you don't have a Facebook account you don't exist". Seems that San Marino took it seriously. Hey! There's life beyond computers, really! Back to the song ... could be a summer hit

12. Cyprus: Ivi Adamou - La La Love
The title of the song promised a bit more than this performance has to offer. If this is the best semifinal than I have to say that I'm kind of worried now.   :worry:

13. Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better
Good performance

14. Russia: Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody
  :o :haha: :lol: :rofl:  :doh:

They clearly have 2 alternatives only: top the top or fail miserably. No compromises allowed. Something tells me they'll go through.

15. Hungary: Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts
The song is ok, although the performance is not a memorable one.

16. Austria: Trackshittaz - Woki Mit Deim Popo
A big no no.  At least the Russian grannies were funny. Austrians are kind of scary. What do they actually sing about?  :hiding:

17. Moldova: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar
Not a big fan of his voice, but the performance was nice.

18. Ireland: Jedward - Waterline
I'm ... speechless. Better than last year I guess. Is it over?  :P

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41934#msg41934
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 10:40:47 PM »
Montenegro: From what I have seen (short recap)... not good, but I will watch their performance tomorrow morning.

Iceland: Cute song, decent performance.

Greece: The song became boring after two minutes, but the performance was very sexy. Eleftheria looks amazing.

Latvia: Good voice, but also a little bit boring.

Albania: Very good song. I like it.

Romania: Lovely, cheerful song and a very nice stage performance.

Switzerland: Decent song, good performance, but not my cup of tea.

Belgium: What a strong ballad and what a lovely performance. My absolute nr. 1 at the moment.

Finland: Pernilla Karlsson is a very charming singer with a lovely song.

Israel: Although I'm not a fan of joke entries, I like this one. It's a very good song.

San Marino: Very catchy. Lame to make a song about a social network site, but it's a good uptempo song.

Cyprus: Like Greece a very good performance, but this song is also very catchy.

Denmark: My nr. 2 before the show, but now I think the song is too monotonous.

Russia: Very funny. Big chance to qualify, but I prefer more serious entries.

Hungary: Good performance, but nothing special. You have so many songs like this one.

Austria: Awesome! Sorry Relyana, but I love this one. Cool song and a funny and interesting performance.

Moldova: Cute entry. The singer has a good voice!

Ireland: Not interesting. This formula won't work twice.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41935#msg41935

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
Netherlands can't vote in this semi-final, but we can vote on songfestival.nl and the Dutch top 3 is:

1. Iceland
2. Cyprus
3. Romania

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41936#msg41936

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 11:51:29 PM »
My top 10 at the moment:

01. Belgium
02. Austria
03. San Marino
04. Cyprus
05. Finland
06. Romania
07. Albania
08. Iceland
09. Moldova
10. Greece

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41937#msg41937

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »
Finalists qualifying from this semi-final:

1. Romania
2. Moldova
3. Iceland
4. Hungary
5. Denmark
6. Albania
7. Cyprus
8. Greece
9. Russia
10. Ireland

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41938#msg41938
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
Congratulations Romania, Moldova, Iceland, Hungary, Denmark, Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Russia & Ireland!

See you all on Saturday!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41939#msg41939

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »
No Belgium, no Finland, no Austria and no San Marino. :shrug:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41940#msg41940

Offline Dzonny

• Escvibes Friend
    • samo-opusteno
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »
I like Romania, Cyprus and Russia the most! :) :goodjob:
I don't like Rambo Amadeus and his song at all though.  :doh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41941#msg41941

Offline Amaranth

• De Troubadour
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
Switzerland  :cry1:

Prediction:

Iceland
Greece
Albania
Romania
Cyprus
Russia
Denmark
Moldova
Ireland
Belgium/Finland

9/10

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41942#msg41942

Offline rapsodia

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 12:22:46 AM »
No surprise at all, but I wouldn't call the results disappointing. I did 9 out of 10 in my predictions (I had Israel over Hungary).

Icelandic performance was a big disappointment for me. I think Israel got robbed but I was preparing myself for that for a while so it didn't hurt me that much. Hungary was a nice surprise after all and my two biggest fears (concerning some self proclaimed "Beautiful Song" and the one about the popo) didn't come true. We'll have to live with Jedward yet another final night. While I find their song this year much worse than last year's, I think their performance is slightly more tolerable this time around.

See you on the second round. I bet that one will be bloodier!  :ohmy:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41943#msg41943

Offline Remy

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 01:03:50 AM »
My personal top 10 (may change after the final performances this evening of course):

01. Belgium
02. Denmark
03. Latvia
04. Cyprus
05. Iceland
06. Finland
07. Austria
08. San Marino
09. Romania
10. Israel

My top 10 at the moment:

01. Belgium
02. Austria
03. San Marino
04. Cyprus
05. Finland
06. Romania
07. Albania
08. Iceland
09. Moldova
10. Greece

As you can see my top 10 changed a lot after this semi-final. Next Thursday I will wait till the final performances are over before I give my top 10. :D

Denmark and Latvia were disappointing. Austria, San Marino, Albania and also Greece surprised me. I was criticising the Greek entry before the semi-final calling it a cheap, shaky, pop song, but the performance somehow won me over. Besides the good performance, it's a song that stays in your head after you heard it.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41944#msg41944

Offline rapsodia

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 01:26:02 AM »
The idiot twins got the best draw!  :doh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41945#msg41945

Offline TrayBake

• Escvibes Team
    • Dyspraxic Chat
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »
I said this to Niko but I never want Finland to get through the song was rubbish so hearing it never made it is good.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41946#msg41946

Offline Amaranth

• De Troubadour
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 01:43:04 AM »
Jedward always get the best draw  ^-^

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41947#msg41947

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 01:58:37 AM »
As of now, after my prediction i am officially crazy LOL, and i even got the feeling at some point, that my prediction would be so far from the truth, still i got 7/10 lol, but i was far as some of you got 9/10, so congrats!

anyway, here is my review about this semi and its otcome:

Montenegro: really lovely...Rambo just made his point with his usual performance, but we all knew this is not going to qualify...

Iceland: i guess we all knew that this is sure qualifier, but i think the juries helped it a lot as well. the singing wasn't so good, and so is the camera work (is it just me or the camera work was the worst in recent years?)

Greece: though i was never fan of it, and i was disgusted from the 1st lip-synch performance, i really enjoyed it this time, and more than Iceland. deserved qualifier.

Latvia: i was sure this is sure qualifier, but i got the feeling something is missing. really pity Latvia is out, as i really think this song deserved final.

Albania: though she looked like an alien, and i guess you know i hate this song with passion, i must say she gave the performance of her life, and the opera part was performed the best way i heard since i know that song. i got the feeling after performance it is gonna qualify for sure, and i wasn't wrong.

Romania: just happy feeling. we all knew that this is going to qualify.

Switzerland: very decent song and now i like it quite more (unlike the other rock from Slovakia in the other SF, which fell here hard in my list). as it was performed after Romania, all i can add is that i hope Romania will send someday song like this and will do great!

Belgium: good song no doubt about it, and the most beautiful girl of this year, but it was obvious this is going nowhere.

Finland: great song. i can say i'm only sad that the beauty dancer wasn't in Eurovision, but after the performance, i still felt kinda clueless about its result...i felt like it could win the semi or finish last, but after all....Finland out? big disgrace, and i still have the feeling i missed the part when Finland was announced as qualifier! big shame the final is without Finland.

Israel: imo the BEST performance of the night! i watched it and i really thought about Tel-Aviv 2013! forget about the fact i'm from Israel, but since my 1st ESC back in 1983, this is my most beloved Israeli entry after the immortal "Chai"! for the first time since you all know me, i'm very happy that my country sent this type of song, and yes, next year Israel might send Maya Buskila, everyone would love it , and Israel would be in my bottom. copy and paste.

San Marino: all i can say Valentina is great! forget about the song, but for me Valentina is the biggest winner of tonight, especially after being interviewed in the greenroom about Ralph Siegel, and she answered in very diplomatic way. but her look was so "i'm so sick of this !@##$!" LOLOLOL. great milf!

Cyprus: after San Marino, it really looked great. yet again deserved qualifier. i'm very happy for the recent country abroad i've visited, and for its great people!

Denmark: though Denmark was little bit higher in my list than Cyprus, i really felt bored with it :o i like the song in studio, but never liked performance. i think Denmark was lucky to qualify.

Russia: horrible song, the joke obviously worked, and imo, it shouldn't get more votes than Montenegro did. but Russia is so big, and Montenegro is so small (and i don't want to mention Israel...), so....

Hungary: i was worried, as i really liked the 2nd rehearsal, but after this i didn't know, so when the qualifiers were announced, that was my only big jump! Hajrá Magyarország!! i'm so happy Hungary is in the final, this DID my evening!

Austria: promising song has became big whorehouse in Eurovision stage. we don't need it. deserved elimination!

Moldova: as Remy said, cute entry, but still i don't get this thing qualifies. most likely it was 6-10 than 1-5.

Ireland: as i guess we all had doubt about whether this is qualifier or not, i guess the spaceship look did the work better, so the UFO spaceship drove by the Jedwards and takes them with Rona to a great Alien and UFO final :rofl:

and still i must say, Israel and Finland should have been there instead of Russia and Romania...i saw some publications saying Finland going out, and same about Bosnia & Herzegovina in SF2, but to see too much quality out is really too much for me....

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1770.msg41948#msg41948