Author Topic: ESC to come - Denmark 2014  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
ESC to come - Denmark 2014
« on: May 19, 2013, 02:53:14 AM »
Danish people have just washed away their teardrops as they are going to host the 59th edition of the Eurovision Son Contest in 2014.

Will the host city be Copenhagen?
Will Turkey, Poland and Bosnia make a glorious comeback (or simply return)?
Will we still have all the ex-YU countries in the contest?
Will Latvia, San Marino, Israel stay with us in 2014?
Will EBU make any changes in the voting system?
What slogan would you pick for next year's Eurovison?

Will you go to Denmark and watch the show live?

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43692#msg43692
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
Re: ESC to come - Denmark 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:34:21 AM »
Quote from: Wikipedia
So far eight countries have confirmed participation. The preliminary dates set for the two semi-finals are 13 May and 15 May 2014, with the final planned for the evening of 17 May 2014.

Confirmed participants:  Belgium, Denmark (host), Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway
Semi-final 1 date   13 May 2014
Semi-final 2 date   15 May 2014
Final date              17 May 2014

• Will the host city be Copenhagen?

Could be either Copenhagen or Herning.

• Will Turkey, Poland, Portugal, Bosnia or Luxembourg make a glorious comeback (or simply return)?

According to Wikipedia
Jon Ola Sand said that there have been talks to pass on the interest to the absent countries of 2013.

There are hopes that Liechtenstein and Kazakhstan will compete in Denmark too.

• Will we still have all the ex-YU countries in the contest? Will Latvia, San Marino, Israel stay with us in 2014?

Latvia, yes! We'll have to wait and see how San Marino and Israel took this year's events.

• Will EBU make any changes in the voting system?

Who knows? My personal feeling is that if more countries join the EBU we might get a 3rd semifinal in the near future (or shall I say quarter finals -that would be a bit too much). It's too early to tell.

• What slogan would you pick for next year's Eurovison?

That is one question I'd like to know the answer to as soon as possible.

• Will you go to Denmark and watch the show live?

Don't think that I will. Will you go?  :P

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43697#msg43697

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:28:18 AM »
I can only answer the last question - Will you go to Denmark and watch the show live?

It's my 40th birthday next year and my parents decided some time ago to treat me to flights, accommodation and tickets to ESC as my present (I think they were hoping for a Cypriot or UK victory to cut down on accommodation costs :D)...so YES I will go to Denmark :cheer:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43741#msg43741
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 04:30:49 PM »

I wish it was another city, a small one, even if Copenhagen is a beautiful city.

I doubt it, even if I wish they would return.

I really hope that. Actually, I wish we had had at least one ex-YU country in the final this year. The winner would be something else then, than a mediocre Danish song.

I really hope that. There have been also rumors about Liechtenstein and Kazakhstan.

I really hope so. I hope, that everyone can just vote 1 time, because now when everyone may vote 20 times from one phone, the results become distorted and don't really follow the general taste of voters.

No idea. Are slogans actually necessary?

I am not going to Copenhagen to watch ESC live. I am too much pleasureloving to do that.  :-[ I don't want to pay for trip, tickets and hotel room for watching something what I can cosily watch at home, sitting on my sofa and drinking tea with sandwiches and cakes.  ;) It is as if I was on that arena myself when I watch ESC on the screen through a video projector.  :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43757#msg43757
Åland forever!

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »
Here are my answers:

I believe so...

I still think Turkey made good protest act, as knowing what is going to happen (even if the final results weren't that bad)...i just hope there won't be something arranged like this year with EBU and SVT, just please no corruption! anyway it would be very cool to have once again Turkish entry! about the other 2 i guess we'll have to wait more and more until something close to the participation deadline...

Actually not, because it's unlikely Kosovo will join ESC in 2014, unless something else happens...

i doubt. countries with low rating figures has nothing to look for at the ESC (see Czech Rep.), unless they only want to show themselves regardless of which results they get. maybe withdrawals are not bad and money can go for something else...

I hope so! it becomes more boring and boring...now we can only dream about ending like 2003...

One World One Sky  :D that's the only thing comes to my mind right now LOL

Definitely not! :lol:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43764#msg43764

Offline Karel

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »
I read on the DR (Danish Broadcaster) website today that Aalborg and Fredericia would also like to host the contest. All Danish cities who are interested can let this know this week to the Danish broadcaster.

Maybe yes, maybe no  :)

They are a little disappointed after the results of this year, but I expect them to be back next year.

Latvia indeed, I would love to see San Marino back, and also Israel.

I don't think it's necessary. The EBU found a good system with the 50% professional jury and 50% televotes. It's definitely better than only televotes. Maybe it would be good to extend the points to the first 15 countries instead of 10.

Not only teardrops  :D

Since I have to work every Saturday in May, it's impossible for me to go to Denmark, but one day I would like to watch the show live. A once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43795#msg43795

Offline Martial

• Escvibes Friend
  • Blondie's Lover
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
So no one cares for Portugal? :shrug:

Hope Portugal will return too.  :rose:
I know that many fans have the feeling that the Portuguese entries are always different but still the same, being sang in Portuguese year after year and keeping the traditional vibe even when they do not wish to. That compared to what other countries keep submitting is a plus for the contest. Pity that it often fails to be converted in a big plus for Portugal as well.

Update on confirmed participants:  Belgium, Denmark (host), Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Malta, San Marino

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43833#msg43833

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »
I think I have read somewhere that there is a kind of a law or a rule, that Portuguese ESC entries must be sung in Portuguese.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43835#msg43835
Åland forever!

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
 France and Spain confirmed their participation at the Eurovision Song Contest to be hosted in Denmark in 2014:

This is the updated list of confirmed participants (in alphabetical order)

Belgium
 Denmark (host)
 Estonia
 Finland
 France
 Germany
 Hungary
 Ireland
 Latvia
 Lithuania
 Malta
 Netherlands
 Norway
 San Marino
 Sweden
 Spain

It's only a matter of time for Italy and the UK to confirm their participation. Nice to see that Latvia and San Marino will not miss next year's edition.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg43846#msg43846

Offline Karel

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »
The Danish broadcaster DR reveales this week on their website dr.dk that the producer and director Per Zachariassen is taking a break from his job in Los Angeles and will be executive producer for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014.

Per Zachariassen

Per Zachariassen approaches the task with 20 years of experience as a producer, director and television develops, which include the design of entertainment programs like X Factor, Talent and Idols. He studied at the Danish Film School. Before he went to the USA, he was involved in some of the biggest TV shows in Denmark, including both X Factor and Talent.

The Eurovision Song Contest is familiar to him as he has repeatedly been involved in the conduct of the Danish Melodi Grand Prix, and in 2009 he was part of the Danish delegation at the international Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow.

- "I am looking very much forward to being part of the team behind the Eurovision Song Contest in Denmark. Grand Prix is ​​not just one of the world's biggest TV shows, it is also one of the oldest living television concepts and an integral part of Europe's television history. I am proud to have the opportunity to put a finger on the show and taking pleasure in the great challenge", says Per Zachariassen.

Per Zachariassen will work closely with executive producer Pernille Gaardbo and head of show, Jan Lagermand Lundme.

Pernille Gaardbo

Jan Lagermand Lundme

- "I have long had a great partnership with DR and look forward to working with both Pernille and Jan. I am sure that together with the rest of the giant team to handle the job, will deliver a world class show", says Zachariassen.

Together with Jan Lagermand Lundme responsible for the show, Per Zachariassen will take care of all the content. This means everything from set design and the traditional postcard from the participating countries to graphics and entertaining between songs, during the counting of votes etc.

- "Creating one of the world's biggest TV shows, some of the world's best people, and there is no doubt that Per Zachariassen just one of the best in the industry", says Jan Lagermand Lundme.

- "Per has in addition to a huge great experience with great entertainment shows also a rarely seen ability to combine the traditional with creative renewal. In a show like the Grand Prix, it is an invaluable skill to be able to see the possibilities in the set framework rather than limitations", says the DR Grand Prix boss.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg44287#msg44287

Offline hammer

• Mysterious Newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »
Saw your website, and thought it would be a great place to post this link to a potential UK entry....watch this space   :biggrin:
http://wiwibloggs.com/2013/11/12/united-kingdom-of-rock-ukr-bbc-eurovision/33841/#

(wanted to post it as a new topic, but it looks like I am not allowed to do so?)....over to you!   :goodjob:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=1924.msg44618#msg44618