Author Topic: ESC 2014 | Semi-Final 2  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
ESC 2014 | Semi-Final 2
« on: May 08, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Semi-Final 2

01   Malta - Firelight - Coming Home

02   Israel - Mei Finegold - Same Heart

03   Norway - Carl Espen - Silent Storm

04   Georgia - The Shin and Mariko - Three Minutes to Earth

05   Poland - Donatan & Cleo - My Słowianie - We Are Slavic

06   Austria - Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix

07   Lithuania - Vilija Matačiūnaitė - Attention

08   Finland - Softengine - Something Better

09   Ireland - Can-Linn (featuring Kasey Smith) - Heartbeat

10   Belarus - Teo - Cheesecake

11   F.Y.R. Macedonia - Tijana - To the Sky

12   Switzerland - Sebalter - Hunter Of Stars

13   Greece - Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd - Rise Up

14   Slovenia - Tinkara Kovač - Round and round

15   Romania - Paula Seling & OVI - Miracle

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2030.msg44841#msg44841
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Re: ESC 2014 | Semi-Final 2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »
Our 10 finalists from this Semi-Final are:

Switzerland

Slovenia

Poland

Romania

Norway

Greece

Malta

Belarus

Finland

Austria

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to see you all competing on Saturday!   :party:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2030.msg44843#msg44843
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:22:52 AM »
Well i didn't listen the songs too much before as i did in previous years. i've quiet enjoyed the songs much more than the below average first semi, but i must say this semi results were just TERRIBLE HORROR

01   Malta - Firelight - Coming Home - I didn't like the song at all at first, but when i saw the performance, i've thought like, hey, it's cool one! but still i didn't consider this one as a qualifer. i was wrong!

02   Israel - Mei Finegold - Same Heart - Even though my opinions are far different than the usual ESC fans, i'm sure many would agree with me this was the BEST ISRAELI ENTRY SINCE OFRA HAZA - HI HI HI AM ISRAELI HI in 1983!! I'M JUST EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED THAT THIS IS NOT IN THE FINALS. yeah all the great neighbors in Israel like Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon and dear lovely Syria are not even participating, so they can't give us points LOL. well i don't know if everyone here knows about it, but the IBA is about to get closed and getting reformed afterwards....this may be a risk considering future Israeli participation, but please, Israel, please withdraw from ESC! this is big waste of public money while old people can't finish the month. may Mei would be the last ever Israeli entrant. shame on you Europe and thank you in the same way.

03   Norway - Carl Espen - Silent Storm - Not a song i remembered, and at the beginning i was like what, but i loved how it developed. very strong one, almost touching the title of rock ballad!

04   Georgia - The Shin and Mariko - Three Minutes to Earth - It was one of my fav songs while i've listened the songs at first, but performance was just hell bad...Lion King\South Africa entry of the year....didn't deserve final.

05   Poland - Donatan & Cleo - My Słowianie - We Are Slavic - OMFG i think never in my ESC life i was so disgusted from such a song...that was really like a concentration camp on stage. i don't know how the hell did this crap made it to final unless the business is all fixed and EBU wants Poland is just to show the microstates they can do well with San Marino in and the ex-YU with Montenegro in. but this one is a big shame, disgrace, terrible ugly song with a feeling of holocaust on stage and never thought it would gain some points more than neighbor voting from Lithuania. super terrible.

06   Austria - Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix - THIS IS THE WINNER OF THIS SEMI-FINAL AND CONCHITA WAS JUST GREAT! well i find the song even a bit outdated, but the performance was just exciting, so AUSTRIA MUST WIN! WIEN 2015! and i really hope Austria will win especially after the "hate speeches" from the Soviet Union....there was that Soviet minister with homophobic acting, saying some bad things about Conchita, but on the other hand, he showed big knowledge about Conchita's background and real name (which i personally didn't know lol). so after all i guess that "homophobic" persons like the Soviet minister would love to pay a lot of money just to get f***ed by someone as the like of Conchita. please Conchita Wurst, win ESC and beat the dark people of the Soviet Union! Lang lebe Österreich! Lang lebe Conchita Wurst!  :heart:

07   Lithuania - Vilija Matačiūnaitė - Attention - Just to say a good word, last year was the best ever Lithuanian entry. this one was bad all the way. definite eliminated, and it did got eliminated.

08   Finland - Softengine - Something Better - I really liked it on studio version, but when i saw it live i've realized it's something like boyband rockband and it didn't pass well for me, and i wasn't sure it will do the job. i can say i'm happy for lovely Finland, but not so happy about everything around it.

09   Ireland - Can-Linn (featuring Kasey Smith) - Heartbeat - This like Estonia of the 1st semi, i realized only afterward it was out. well despite it was average song, i think the Irish girl gave much better performance than most of the others, so i think she definitely deserved final much more than others.

10   Belarus - Teo - Cheesecake - Terrible song. but i was just sure it would go the to final. no more words to add.

11   F.Y.R. Macedonia - Tijana - To the Sky - I totally disliked the song on the studio version and preview, but i must say the performance was just electrifying! i was sure it is definite eliminated, but performance made me change my mind that this is definite qualifier. wrong!

12   Switzerland - Sebalter - Hunter Of Stars - Big surprise. very nice song, i never thought it would go through but it did. well done die Schweiz!

13   Greece - Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd - Rise Up - Greece qualifies as always. nothing much to add, but they deserved it, as performance was very convincing.

14   Slovenia - Tinkara Kovač - Round and round - Very good singer, and the song is good as well, so very good to see this one in the final.

15   Romania - Paula Seling & OVI - Miracle - I liked it a lot on first listening, but now it really got on my nerves, as it's not a song to enjoy for multiple times, but still this one is better than other craps who did qualify.

I predicted 7 out of 10. i thought Israel, Ireland and Macedonia would be finalists instead of Malta, Poland and Switzerland.
If i could change something, i would put Israel, Ireland and Macedonia in the final instead of Poland and Belarus definitely, and the third one would be Greece, because i'm definitely not crazy about the song, while Finland and Romania didn't convince me too much.

And now really, i'm not sure i am going to watch to ESC final. i really think the Italian song is great. i really hope Austria would win, Conchita would shut mouths of many people, if we can call them people, and ESC would go to such a great city with lots of music history as Wien!
but why not? Israel out and crap songs like Poland and Belarus in, while great Russia and Ukraine are in as always no matter what they send....this is too far for me.....

Go Austria!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2030.msg44846#msg44846

Offline Niko

• Escvibes Friend
  • fan of Arlene Francis
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
So, here comes my ranking for the 2nd semifinal, which I did last night during the show. I want to remind you again, that it was the first time when I heard / watched the songs, I hadn't even heard the Finnish song before. I must say, that there was only one song which appealed me very very much, and my top 5 songs are the only ones which I liked. I must say, that I wouldn't mind if I didn't hear some of the songs ever more, because I found them quite dull and monotonic.  :-[

So, here comes my ranking list:

Excellent song:

1st: Austria  :heart: (The best ESC 2014 song which I have heard so   :) )

Very good songs:

2nd: Finland - Everyone here knows how sceptical and critical I normally am towards the songs of my own country, but this time I really liked the Finnish song. :)
3rd: Slovenia
4th: Malta
5th: Norway

Ok songs, I suppose

6th: Switzerland
7th: Greece
8th: Ireland

I have heard these songs now, and I think it is enough for me

9th: Belarus
10th: Romania
11th: Georgia
12th: Israel

Why for God's sake were these songs composed? :doh:

13th: Poland
14th: Macedonia

A crime against humanity!  :irked:

15th: Lithuania

Anyway, I wish all the best and good luck to all qualified countries and songs! May the most beloved song win tomorrow!  :)  :goodjob:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2030.msg44854#msg44854
Åland forever!

Offline bURN

• Burned
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:34:11 PM »
No matter how bad their songs are, Russia,Azerbaijan and Greece qualify every year.  From this semi I believe that  Macedonia had the most boring song of the semi...  Greek song if it was some other country would not have qualified....  I think Europe goes for the big names no matter what songs they send...  I liked Austrian a lot... Very cute song,  but my favorite from this semi was Romania. I think I they are a Top 3 contender for the win...
From this semi Final Qualifiers I'd rank Top 3 as follow

1. Romania
2. AUSTRIA
3. Norway

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2030.msg44855#msg44855
But one day the old lovers long for more
 Dreams and desires of another youth
And they leave their families, betray their friends
 They don't want advice about how to be happy

Offline LifeAfterLove

• De Troubadour
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 12:04:33 AM »
All the right songs got through imo.

My country didn't make it. Quite right too. The song is fine on cd, but the singer isn't good live, and the staging and everything was awful. I hope we make more of an effort next yr.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2030.msg44863#msg44863