Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 1  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 1
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:15:51 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Semi-Final 1

• Moldova - Eduard Romanyuta - I Want Your Love
  • Armenia - Genealogy - Face the Shadow
  • Belgium - Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside
  • Netherlands - Trijntje Oosterhuis - Walk Along
  • Finland - Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina mun pitää
  • Greece - Maria Elena Kyriakou - One Last Breath
  • Estonia - Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye to Yesterday
  • F.Y.R. Macedonia - Daniel Kajmakoski - Autumn Leaves
  • Serbia - Bojana Stamenov - Beauty Never Lies
  • Hungary - Boggie - Wars for Nothing
  • Belarus - Uzari & Maimuna - Time
  • Russia - Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices
  • Denmark - Anti Social Media - The Way You Are
  • Albania - Elhaida Dani - I'm Alive
  • Romania - Voltaj - De la capăt (All over Again)
  • Georgia - Nina Sublatti - Warrior

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2171.msg48529#msg48529
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 1
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:59:10 PM »
... and our qualifiers from this semifinal are:

• Albania
  • Armenia
  • Russia
  • Romania
  • Hungary
  • Greece
  • Estonia
  • Georgia
  • Serbia
  • Belgium

Good luck to all finalists!  :victory:

I've particularly enjoyed listening to Russia, Hungary, Estonia and Romania!  :dance1:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2171.msg48531#msg48531
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Irisado

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »
I think that most of these deserved to get through.  I'm really pleased that Hungary, Russia, and Romania got through because they were the three best in my opinion.  I can't believe that Belgium managed to reach the final, I thought that song was very poor.  I'm so relieved that Finland did not qualify.  It was, by far, the worst song of the night, in my opinion.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2171.msg48532#msg48532
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dzonny

• Escvibes Friend
    • samo-opusteno
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:48 AM »
Glad that Serbia and Romania got throught. Russia was okay IMO as well.
Finland was really a nonsense, I agree about that.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2171.msg48533#msg48533

Offline TrayBake

• Escvibes Team
    • Dyspraxic Chat
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 12:32:36 AM »
im glad my top 2 made it through! :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2171.msg48534#msg48534

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:44:34 AM »
Interesting.

First, just to be honest, this was the third time i've listened most of the songs (with the exception of Finland and Israel which had four listens, and Belgium, my fav which had a bit more plays). My first listen was right here when songs were chosen and the second time was when ESC CD was released.

To be honest #2 - i didn't feel good at all about the level of the songs which i believe was drasticly decreased, but above all, i was fascinated about how will be the hosting in Austria as it's the country of Mozart and many great music, and i was very pleased! the hosts were good, i liked the city tour after the songs, of course i loved to see Conchita once more, but above all i was very happy to see the orchestra at the beginning and of course the postcards with classical music! well done Austria!!

and about the songs:

Moldova - bad crap and i guess it finished second bottom....it didn't work for Austria 2 years ago, so why to bring back that damn popo and with such bad song?!

Armenia - some singers sang better than others, but i guess it deserved final, not bad.

Belgium - Absolutely the best! i'm very happy that Belgium made it to the finals. This should win the ESC imo!

Netherlands - so far, the best milf of 2015:) song was better than others, but extremely repetitive. not surprised with the elimination.

Finland - it was cool show and i did have a good laugh! well it might be not nice behalf of me to laugh, but i did enjoy it and i think Finland deserved to be in the final much more than most of the qualifiers! unfortunately, such songs were hot during Sex Pistols time back in 1977 something like that, and the guys weren't that hot for the audience, so i'm afraid they ended with null points unfortunately and undeserved.

Greece - As always, Greece in the final and no surprise here, especially with powerful ballad and blonde woman. don't like that.

Estonia - Great! total contender for one of the top spots. great performance also.

F.Y.R. Macedonia  - at some point, it looked like Macedonia will finally make it to the final after years, but the guy didn't sing good and i'm not surprised this one eliminated.

Serbia - That looked promosing at one hand and pathetic at the other hand. the fat girl gimmick worked fine for Chiara back in 1998 and 2005, but not again in 2009 (though it was her best one imo) and didn't work for Vania Fernandes in 2008 even though she was considered as strong contender. i'll be very surprised if this one will get a good result in the final.

Hungary - I think this is the worst ever Hungarian entry, however, the girl is really good looking and the performance on stage, especially with a lot of green at the end, really gave good, optimistic and positive enviroment, so i think qualification was kinda deserved after all.

Belarus - Possibly the 11th place. i don't think it was bad at all, but some things were very irritating, especially the girl which "as if" played the violin...at least she should try better to make it look real...that was pretty embarrasing...

Russia - I found the live performance extremely boring much rather then the studio version....nice one for the pee break, but not matter what Russia get into the ESC, they will always qualify. however the final is a different opera...

Denmark - I'm surprised with this one getting eliminated! Well i don't think they deserved to be in the final, but songs of that type most likely qualify, and this one just did not...

Albania - Never saw this qualifies....i liked the first Albanian withdrawn entry much more that this plain song. so for me this was the biggest surprise qualifier

Romania - I believe this is the WINNER of the semi-final! Yes Romania always qualifies, but unlike Greece and Russia, Romania deserved it zillion times more. great performance of very strong song....just Bravo Romania! Bucharest 2016? could happen!

Georgia - Gothic girl with a very Un-gothic song....., i guess was helped by the luck of the draw...otherwise it is surprise qualifier...maybe 9th place smth like that....

Enjoy the next Semi-final!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2171.msg48535#msg48535