Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 2  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 2
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:34:42 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Semi-Final 2

• Lithuania - Monika Linkytė & Vaidas Baumila - This Time
  • Ireland - Molly Sterling - Playing with Numbers
  • San Marino - Michele Perniola & Anita Simoncini - Chain of Lights
  • Montenegro - Knez - Adio
  • Malta - Amber - Warrior
  • Norway - Mørland & Debrah Scarlett - A Monster Like Me
  • Portugal - Leonor Andrade - Há um mar que nos separa
  • Czech Republic - Marta Jandová & Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies
  • Israel - Nadav Guedj - Golden Boy
  • Latvia - Aminata - Love Injected
  • Azerbaijan - Elnur Hüseynov - Hour of the Wolf
  • Iceland - María Ólafs - Unbroken
  • Sweden - Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes
  • Switzerland - Mélanie René - Time to Shine
  • Cyprus - John Karayiannis - One Thing I Should Have Done
  • Slovenia - Maraaya - Here for You
  • Poland - Monika Kuszyńska - In the Name of Love

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2172.msg48530#msg48530
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Irisado

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 2
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:03:59 AM »
The qualifiers from this semi-final are:

• Lithuania
  • Poland
  • Slovenia
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Montenegro
  • Cyprus
  • Azerbaijan
  • Latvia
  • Israel

I was underwhelmed by most of the performances tonight.  I thought that Poland and Azerbaijan were the best songs, so I'm not surprised that they got through.  I can't understand how Israel made it though, that was really poor in my opinion.  I also thought that the Swedish entry was one of the weakest that they have ever entered.  The surprise, for me, was that the Czech entry did not qualify.  It was better than a number of those which did get through.

It was a very enjoyable atmosphere in the hall, and I'll wish all the finalists the best of luck :).  I'm looking forward to Saturday night.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2172.msg48546#msg48546
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Semi-Final 2
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 01:45:28 AM »
As always...some surprises for the good and some for the bad....so here are my thoughts:

Lithuania - Super crappy song....i guess the kiss on stage thing made the job. can't see other reasons why.

Ireland - It was a big relief to hear that after the Lithuanian horror. however, the song is very old fashioned, so i'm not surprise with the elimination, but i think it deserved more.

San Marino - MICKY MOUSE on stage. A disney song. no wonder it was eliminated, so any word will be too much.

Montenegro - Weird. I don't get how the hell this one made it to the final...really weird.

Malta - I hate this type of commercialized wannabe songs. I was sure this one would qualify, but i was wrong, and i'm glad i was wrong.

Norway - No good words...i was sure it will be qualified, but it is really nothing special. just something in it which makes many ppl like it, but nothing more.

Portugal - the BEST song of tonight. the singer somwhoe reminded me Mei Feingold of Israel last year. but as we all know the history of Portugal in the Eurovision Song Contest, nothing can surprise more. it's very sad Portugal didn't make it, but unfortunately no surprise on the other way.

Czech Republic - I thought maybe for the first time the Czechs will be in the final and the song did deserve final. i think it was much better than Norway. the guy was very good, but the girl really blew that thing and the differences just looked too big between them. so in genral , no surprise with the elimination of the song, also taking into account the poor history of the Czech Republic. No wonder if the Czechs will opt out again next year.

Israel - Well i wasn't big fan of the rapping thing, but i like the oriental part. I think the performance was just great. one thing made me really proud: after we saw in the lovely postcards some well known cities such as Lisbon and Prague, and later Riga and Stockholm for example, i was wondering which city will be shown in the Israeli postcard, so now i can say i am very proud that my city of birth, TEL AVIV, was shown there!  :biggrin: and not that self-proclaimed capital city at the east....
and for the result...after last year, in which the Israeli entry was my fav of ESC for the first time since 1983, i did not expect Israel to qualify even if the performance went so well...especially as we are not so liked thanks to that dictator, Mr. B.B. Netanyahu....but don't worry...B.B.  Netanyahu will say Israel qualified to the ESC final thanks to him  :doh:

Latvia - Great to see Latvia in the final after some years and well deserved! the performance was just great, the song type was great as well, and i'm so happy to see that song in the final, especially as some commercialized songs failed to make it  :D respect for Latvia for the originality of getting downtempo song rather than yet another crappy pop song  :P

Azerbaijan - I was deffinitely not impressed and i thought that dancers\spiders looked so pathetic. i even thought that maybe for the first time ever Azerbaijan will face elimination....yes just like Armenia and Turkey in 2011.......well not this time! but they not gonna do so good in the final i guess...

Iceland - same remark as of Malta.....I hate this type of commercialized wannabe songs. i even considered that as the worst song of the year, however the performance imo was still better than other competitors in this SF, and still i'm glad this one is out. i guess this is also the end of the barefoot girl gimmick LOL

Sweden - Nothing more to say....so obvious qualifier, but also well-deserved. most likely it reached very high position in this SF.

Switzerland - Well...lovely singer who doesn't look Swiss (and then i found she has Mauritian roots...) Ok song, which doesn't set anything new....but what the hell that thing with the losing of clothes? i thought this came to an end after Latvian Marija in 2002.......so this is so 2002! no surprise it all it was eliminated.

Cyprus - Super crappy horribly boring terrible song...but somehow i was sure it will be qualified since it reminded me another historical boring song....Germany 2004  :doh:

Slovenia - Deserved qualification. well not so good song neither bad song, but i believe the snger's vocals really made the job as she was really good.

Poland - Well i called this before the best song among the so-so songs after my first listen of the songs right in this forum. but just to be honest, as i didn't follow all the ESC gossip, i didn't know the singer was disabled before tonight, while we all watched she walked before as seen in the background video. then i read she had an unfortunate accident :( A singer on a wheelchair is something totally new for ESC. while Iceland and Swtizerland recycled past attempts, and Finland failed while Serbia was successful at least in the semi-final, this is no joke and is much more touching to hearts of people and convincing by far imo.
and most of all, the performance was just great! so after i was pretty good in past prediction, as i did predicted the winners of 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2014, i will go for this one, as is is just VERY coinvincing, so in other words, my prediction is:

ESC 2016 in WARSZAWA, POLAND!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2172.msg48547#msg48547