Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Final  (Read 5866 times)

Offline Irisado

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
  • Topic Author
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Final
« on: May 22, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
This is the running order for the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Final:

• Slovenia - Maraaya - Here for You
  • France - Lisa Angell - N'oubliez pas
  • Israel - Nadav Guedj - Golden Boy
  • Estonia - Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye to Yesterday
  • United Kingdom - Electro Velvet - Still in Love with You
  • Armenia - Genealogy - Face the Shadow
  • Lithuania - Monika Linkytė & Vaidas Baumila - This Time
  • Serbia - Bojana Stamenov - Beauty Never Lies
  • Norway - Mørland & Debrah Scarlett - A Monster Like Me
  • Sweden - Sweden - Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes
  • Cyprus - John Karayiannis - One Thing I Should Have Done
  • Australia - Guy Sebastian - Tonight Again
  • Belgium - Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside
  • Austria - The Makemakes - I Am Yours
  • Greece - Maria Elena Kyriakou - One Last Breath
  • Montenegro - Knez - Adio
  • Germany - Ann Sophie - Black Smoke
  • Poland - Monika Kuszyńska - In the Name of Love
  • Latvia - Aminata - Love Injected
  • Romania - Voltaj - De la capăt (All over Again)
  • Spain - Edurne - Amanecer
  • Hungary - Boggie - Wars for Nothing
  • Georgia - Nina Sublatti - Warrior
  • Azerbaijan - Elnur Hüseynov - Hour of the Wolf
  • Russia - Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices
  • Albania - Elhaida Dani - I'm Alive
  • Italy - Il Volo - Grande Amore

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2173.msg48549#msg48549
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Irisado

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
  • Topic Author
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Final
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 01:52:34 AM »
Congratulations to Sweden :) :sorcerer:.

It wasn't my favourite song of the night, but the staging was spectacular.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2173.msg48552#msg48552
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline TrayBake

• Escvibes Team
    • Dyspraxic Chat
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:55:25 AM »
I tried all night on 3 different phones and couldnt even get a vote in!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2173.msg48553#msg48553

Offline Irisado

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »
That's strange.  I called from two different phones without any problems at all.  Did you try calling from mobiles and landlines?

I thought that the best songs of the night were poorly rewarded by the voters and juries.  Russia's song was the best, and I am disappointed that it didn't win.  It was a superb performance.  One of the best I've seen for a while in terms of passion and emotion.  There were other songs which were equally powerful which deserved a lot more points than they received, such as Spain, Hungary, and Romania.  As a result, I was disappointed by the outcome.

The UK's result was fitting though.  A terrible song with very mediocre session.  I was surprised that it managed to score five points.

The night was hosted brilliantly by Austria.  Excellent staging, and a beautiful opening with the orchestra, and the whole building bridges theme was beautiful and poignant in my opinion.  I think that Sweden will have their work cut out trying to come up with something to top this next year.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2173.msg48554#msg48554

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »
Well the winner is good. I do like the song, but i don't like at all the other things around it...

First, i'd like to point out those things:

1. Eurovision 2015 Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2015
I'd like especially to mention the split jury/televote results of the final and both semis, which can be viewed right below.

2. Oddschecker, (via Internet Archive, 22 May): https://web.archive.org/web/20150522215639/http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision/winner
All the betting odds correct to Friday, 22 May 2015, a day before the grand final.

Ok, so first, i must say that i don't believe that Måns Zelmerlöw would have won the contest had he represented the United Kingdom for example. It is true that both in production and in the caliber of artists, Sweden does invest much more than other countries, who does not send their best ones, but in this case, Sweden becomes favored a lot, taking into account that as we saw in the past, the voting juries are ESC fans, much rather than music experts. i guess it is a matter of time until Sweden will surpass Ireland as the country with most Eurovision wins.

As you can see, Italy (which logically, could became fav among 'experts') was the winner of the televotes. well the 50%-50% system was non-democratic once introduced, but it was necessary, as it meant to block the Russian domination, as wel all know what happened during the time of 100% televoting. Indeed Russia scored more than Sweden in the televotes, but not enough to beat Italy. it seems there is still some bitterness with Italy, especially after they boycotted the ESC for many years. still it is by far the most successful ESC country among the so called 'big 5', once came back to the contest. So after all the juries did gave Sweden the win.

There are also some very different votes between the juries and televotes. in the 2nd semi, Poland scored 114 points with the televotes, and only 10 points with the juries! well i thought after the second semi that Poland can win it all, but that was soooooo 10-15 years ago behalf of me LOL....so i'm still not used to that 'New ESC'.... (i will explain later)

another weird thing...Finland would have qualify to the final with the televotes! 10th place with 55 points, whilst they got only one single point from the juries, and eventually finished at bottom of their semi. Even if the song was a big disaster, the televoters showed much more open taste comparing juries. well i have to say some good word to the juries for ranking Latvia at the second place, but i guess that is thanks to the great vocal performace, much rather then the type of song (which i've liked at first listen).

-----

And now to the betting odds...
Just a day before the contest, the bookies just predicted the entire top 5 as they are! and also were correct with 9 out of the top 10, but putting Israel on 11th , while they finished 9th, which is not that far...

Well i'm gonna sound now like conspiracy theories fan, but the truth is that the facts speak for themselves.

Bookies are very correct in recent years, but they were so far from the truth in the past.....Latvia victory with 'I Wanna' in 2002 was a surprise, as much as a Greek or Turkish football club would have win the UEFA Champions League. Estonia victory in 2001 with 'Everybody' was even much bigger surprise...in that case it is like a club from Israel would have win the UEFA CL....the genreal feeling is that songs just had much equal chance in the past.

is it that so? the whole thing just looks like a huge fixed thing!!! even in football, which gives the bookies endless money all the time, and there are always bets over season final placing, it can't be like ESC 2015. some clubs, for example Borussia Dortmund this season, and also AC Milan, they just had bad season...how come that ESC which should give more equal chance for songs much rather than a football league with different strenght of teams, became like this?

I think the answer is simple. as the 50%-50% started in recent years, the jury resluts are known to some ppl at the "kingdom". at the day before the ESC, the dress rehearsal day.
I bet they bet with a lot of money, which lead the bookies to change the odds, and at the end they all win. I guess it's time to change the voting system, as ESC became very easy to bet on and now we know the results before the big night...

-----

And one more thing....Australia. well their entry was very decent and they deserved the fifth place. I totally have nothing against their participation. However now i've read that their are talks to make their participation permanent, and in ESC 2016 wikipedia page, China P.R. is mentioned as possible entrant, just like Australia in 2015. so what's next? it seems ESC will become global, and then no wonder if the United States of America, which attempted to buy the ESC format for possible U.S. contest, would join as well. As the ESC final had 27 countries, there is definitelly a room in the semis for more 20 countries, and in days of swinish capitalism, that can all happen, so nothing can surprise me anymore. well damn money just choked the life out of Eurovision....

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2173.msg48555#msg48555

Offline Irisado

• Rock'N'Roll Kid
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »
It would be a worrying development, in my opinion, if Australia were to be invited back, or invitations extended to countries, such as China.  It is supposed to be a Eurovision Song Contest after all.  I would not be surprised if an invitation were made though.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2173.msg48560#msg48560