Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 1  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 1
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Semi-Final 1

• Finland - Sandhja - Sing It Away
  • Greece - Argo - Utopian Land
  • Moldova - Lidia Isac - Falling Stars
  • Hungary - Freddie - Pioneer
  • Croatia - Nina Kraljić - Lighthouse 
  • Netherlands - Douwe Bob - Slow Down 
  • Armenia - Iveta Mukuchyan - LoveWave
  • San Marino - Serhat - I Didn't Know
  • Russia - Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One
  • Czech Republic - Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand
  • Cyprus -  Alter Ego - Minus One
  • Austria - ZOË - Loin d'ici 
  • Estonia - Jüri Pootsmann - Play 
  • Azerbaijan - Samra - Miracle
  • Montenegro - Highway -The Real Thing
  • Iceland - Greta Salóme - Hear Them Calling
  • Bosnia & Herzegovina - Dalal, Deen, Ana & Jala - Ljubav Je
  • Malta -  Ira Losco - Walk on Water

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2243.msg48830#msg48830
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 1
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:03:43 AM »
The 10 finalists are:

Azerbaijan
Russia
The Netherlands
Hungary
Croatia
Austria
Armenia
Czech Republic
Cyprus
Malta

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2243.msg48831#msg48831
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 1
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
Just to be honest, I've listened the songs just once. the ESC is the second time actually, so here are my thoughts:

Finland - Sandhja - Sing It Away - Annoying 90's pop song...i expected more from Finland.
    Greece - Argo - Utopian Land - I actually enjoyed it. traditional Greek folk with some rapping, which didn't bother me at all. Never thought that it would be the first time that Greece won't pass the semis.
Moldova - Lidia Isac - Falling Stars - Lovely singer, and it was funny thing with the dancing astronaut. Pretty nice but lacking something. I guess it was swallowed there.
    Hungary - Freddie - Pioneer - I think that was the best song in the SF, but definitely not so strong performance. Glad anyway to see Hungary in the final.
    Croatia - Nina Kraljić - Lighthouse - Again 90s are back, but reminded more something like Secret Garden and Eimear Quinn...I think the song would be more suitable for 1995....don't get what this is doing in the final...
    Netherlands - Douwe Bob - Slow Down - Maybe not the strongest song, but really cool song and performance and deserve to be in the final.
    Armenia - Iveta Mukuchyan - LoveWave - The worst one in this SF. This year i was happy that i didn't find too much horrible songs, but unfortunately this is one of them  :doh:
    San Marino - Serhat - I Didn't Know - heheheh I actually pretty enjoyed it, but that imitation of Leonard Cohen just screamed high in the sky, so no surprise it is out. Very nice song after all.
    Russia - Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One - Again same type of song from Russia, definitely not my cup of tea, but i must say the performance was just a winner one, i'm sure Russia have won that semi, and now the question is just who is stronger, Russia or EBU? i mean would Russia overpower EBU, or EBU would do everything to prevent Russia from winning? It's all politics after all...
    Czech Republic - Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand - i preferred it in studio rather than in the performance. not my cup of tea, but it is finally great to see Czechia in the final! well done!
    Cyprus -  Alter Ego - Minus One - Funny title of a song....i enjoyed it, but it was kinda weird...something like a combo of Metal and Disco.... :o The cages reminded me Turkey 2011, and i thought it would have the same fate, but i was wrong, and i'm glad i was :)
    Austria - ZOË - Loin d'ici - Very nice song with a little sound of 80s...i was afraid it might have probs, but i'm happy Austria made it to the final
    Estonia - Jüri Pootsmann - Play - The guy definitely has charisma, which i thought would help him a lot. but the song? i don't remember it at all....
    Azerbaijan - Samra - Miracle - In studio i thought it is the worst song in this SF, but now i think it is the second worst after Armenia. However, i think the performance was good.
    Montenegro - Highway -The Real Thing - I really enjoyed it in studio, but the performance was like WTF...rockers who look like the Backstreet Boys?! no wonder it went out.
    Iceland - Greta Salóme - Hear Them Calling - Pretty nice effects there, but no chance i can remember that song, not after the first time and not after the second one LOL
    Bosnia & Herzegovina - Dalal, Deen, Ana & Jala - Ljubav Je - All i can say is that barbed wire thing was really bad taste and well deserved to be eliminated.
    Malta -  Ira Losco - Walk on Water - What can i say...Ira Losco is a diva. didn't like neither her 2002 song nor this one, but still she is very impressive woman!

That's all, let's see what happens in SF 2 :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2243.msg48834#msg48834