Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 2  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 2
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Semi-Final 2

• Latvia - Justs - Heartbeat
  • Poland - Michał Szpak - Color Of Your Life
  • Switzerland - Rykka - The Last Of Our Kind 
  • Israel - Hovi Star - Made Of Stars
  • Belarus - IVAN - Help You Fly
  • Serbia - Sanja Vučić ZAA - Goodbye (Shelter)
  • Ireland - Nicky Byrne - Sunlight 
  • FYR Macedonia - Kaliopi - Dona
  • Lithuania - Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night
  • Australia - Dami Im - Sound Of Silence 
  • Slovenia - ManuElla - Blue And Red
  • Bulgaria  - Poli Genova - If Love Was A Crime
  • Denmark - Lighthouse X - Soldiers Of Love 
  • Ukraine - Jamala - 1944
  • Norway - Agnete - Icebreaker 
  • Georgia - Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold
  • Albania - Eneda Tarifa - Fairytale
  • Belgium - Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2244.msg48835#msg48835
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 12:03:17 AM »
The 10 finalists are:

Latvia
Georgia
Bulgaria
Australia
Ukraine
Serbia
Poland
Israel
Lithuania
Belgium

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2244.msg48836#msg48836
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline Danijel

• Escvibes Team
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 | Semi-Final 2
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 12:41:29 AM »
Well i must say that after i've heard the songs on studio versions, i've thought that SF1 was the stronger one, but now i'm not sure....In fact i had 2 moments of big laughter....first the opening of the Belarussian entry...the guy came naked with the wolf doing WOOOOOO  :laugh: and then the Swedish history part with that Poop Family HAHAHAHA. I must say i loved what the host Mr. Zelmerlöw said about unfortunately in some countries love is a crime. I always hope this world will be all free!

Anywayz, here are my thoughts about tonight's Semifinal:

Latvia - Justs - Heartbeat - Loved the music, but i didn't thought the singer fit the music, which in this case, i found surprisingly sexy...One of the best of tonight, Deserved Qualifier
    Poland - Michał Szpak - Color Of Your Life - In studio i found it better. i thought it would make it to the final, but really nothing special...
    Switzerland - Rykka - The Last Of Our Kind - I think the singer ruined that song...and WTF with her motions...she looked like she was in the middle of an act!
    Israel - Hovi Star - Made Of Stars - This one i actually listened one more than all the others, as 1st was when i watched the preview video, which shows the best city in the world, Tel Aviv :D However the song reminded me too much of Serbia 2007, and i find it weird it still works...i consider this as surprise qualifier.
    Belarus - IVAN - Help You Fly - Big LOLLLLL as i said before. beside that, that's all i could remember from that song....
    Serbia - Sanja Vučić ZAA - Goodbye (Shelter) - Didn't remember it too well from studio, but here comes the gothic woman of 2016. i guess it was successful performance, pretty impressive even.
    Ireland - Nicky Byrne - Sunlight - Can't remember this one....i remember more the postcard when the guy went to the national stadium in Dublin...
    FYR Macedonia - Kaliopi - Dona - Kaliopi? she looked to me much older than in 2012....the 2012 song was much better and much stronger than this one, so as far as i see it, that was definite eliminated.
    Lithuania - Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night - In this case, Donny Montell looked younger to me than in his previous attempt. Wasn't crazy at all about that one, but found it as definite qualifier.
    Australia - Dami Im - Sound Of Silence - I don't know why, but i hated it on studio. but tonight, the performance was very very strong, and i actually enjoyed it. I believe Australia was the winner of this Semi.
    Slovenia - ManuElla - Blue And Red - The presence of the singer was much above the song itself which was bad thing to do. i just hoped the guy who accompanied her won't fall down eheh
    Bulgaria  - Poli Genova - If Love Was A Crime - Really catchy one, but still i think that the 2011 song from Poli Genova was far better.
    Denmark - Lighthouse X - Soldiers Of Love  - Really stupid one....can't remember anything beside it was extremely stupid!
    Ukraine - Jamala - 1944 - I enjoyed it much more on studio, but i must say the Crimean Tatar part was pretty refreshing. Well at least Ukraine brings something different, as i really hated all their ESC entries except of 2005 "Razom nas bahato"  :D
    Norway - Agnete - Icebreaker - Okay, for me this is the biggest shock eliminated of tonight!!! well i liked the music, but didn't like the singer, but still i thought that this is strong song and performance......really i'm very surprised that this went out...big shock!
    Georgia - Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold - WOW! couldn't remember well at 1st listening but now really wow! as far as i see it, this is the best musician in ESC 2016, i just love that combos of rock and electronic, and really i'm really impressed, i guess for me it's the BEST SONG OF 2016! and justice was done, as luckily votes did not disappoint! anyway if it all was depended on me eheheh then it's Tbilisi 2017!
    Albania - Eneda Tarifa - Fairytale - Good stage, but very tired singer and annoying song....
    Belgium - Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure - Another surprise....well last year Belgium was my fav...but now....it reminded me somehow their failed entry of 2007...really nothing special in this one, and i must say i was pretty well predicting the qualifiers, until the 10th and last one, as i was sure Norway was going to be announced.....Really surprising.

See you in the final! Enjoy!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=2244.msg48837#msg48837