Author Topic: Romania 2008 - Nico & Vlad Mirita - Pe-o margine de lume  (Read 25862 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Romania 2008 - Nico & Vlad Mirita - Pe-o margine de lume
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:53 PM »
ROMANIA 2008

Dan Bittman, Malina Olinescu, Taxi, Monica Anghel & Marcel Pavel, Nicola, Sanda Ladosi, Luminita Anghel & Sistem, Mihai Traistariu, Todomondo ... all of them performed different music genres. We're always trying something new and we can only hope that the 10th attempt will be the lucky one... What do you think Romania will send ?

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg7119#msg7119
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
Re: Romania 2008 - Selectia Nationala
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58:54 PM »
Alexandra Ungureanu with a song like "Your love" :heart: :-[

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg7122#msg7122
We welcome you to the Democratic People's Republic of Liberatoria!

Offline Lonter

• In The Disco
  • No rhyme that rhymes with living...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:02:37 AM »
Hmm... Romania will choose correctly I'm sure... one can hope that Jasmine will have her third time lucky...

Just not Mihai please  :(

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg7124#msg7124
Don't stop yourself, don't kill yourself
It's only a way of delaying ourselves...

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:09:26 AM »
Alexandra Ungureanu with a song like "Your love" :heart: :-[

Alexandra Ungureanu - Your Love

I love Alexandra's voice. She tried so many times to win our NF.
I'd be more than happy to see her representing Romania at ESC. :)

Alexandra Ungureanu & Emanuel - Hold me now  :heart:

I also hope to see Nico, Paula Seling, Jasmine, Desperado & Tony Poptamas, Loredana, Anka (although it seems that she'll not give it a go so soon after starting her solo career)  in Selectia Nationala 2008.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg7125#msg7125

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 12:26:56 PM »
I'd love to see Alexandra representing Romania :heart:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg7128#msg7128
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »
I hope Sanda Ladosi tries again, here songs "Nu Ma opri" "Ti-e frica sa zbori" are cool !!!

But I prefer Khalini :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg8038#msg8038

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 09:20:17 PM »
According to the bestmusic.ro website TVR will not organize a National Final for ESC 2008.

"Andra might represent our country at Eurovision 2008 without going through a competition with some other performers. According to EVZ (aka Evenimentul Zilei / The Event of the Day newspaper) she is TVR's favorite - the Romanian broadcaster.
Soon after the Eurovision contest this year, Dan Manoliu (head of the Romanian ESC delegation) said that Eurovision Romania will have new rules from now on.
Starting with the next edition of the competition we will no longer have a preselection. According to EVZ's sources, a performer will be chosen by TVR, then the composers will come up with the songs and the public will vote for their favorite song. As Andra is the favorite of the organizers it is possible that she might be the chosen one."

This was published in the "Gossips" category of BESTMUSIC.ro's news but still .... was our preselection system that bad to change it like this ?  :-\

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg10365#msg10365

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »
GO ANDRA!!!!!!

I love her song "ramai cu mine" :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg10374#msg10374

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 10:56:24 PM »
Keep in mind that this is only a gossip so far.  :)

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg10377#msg10377

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
Keep in mind that this is only a gossip so far.  :)

So what?
GO ANDRA :D :D

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg13620#msg13620

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 11:55:18 PM »
Source: www.esctoday.com

Romania's national broadcaster, TVR, has confirmed that the country will decide it's entry for the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest on February 23rd. They will hold two semi finals. They take place on the two Saturday nights before the final.

TVR will begin accepting songs for inclusion in the selection process on December 22nd. The deadline is 15th January to select the songs. A special preselection panel will then select the 24 best entries over a two day sitting to take place on January 16th and 17th.

The 24 songs will be divided for the two semi finals. 12 will compete in each, on Saturday 9th FEbruary and Saturday 16th February. Six songs will progress from each semi final and 12 songs will participate in the national final on Saturday 23rd February.

Yesterday, esctoday.com reported that Mr. Ioan Duma had been handed the opportunity to manage Romania's Eurovision 2008 project. He has acted with speed to confirm the dates and open submissions for song entries.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg14853#msg14853

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
From what I understood TVR will host a National Selection with 2 semis and the final as they always use to have.
Hope we'll see many Romanian artists competing in the ESC NF for Belgrade 2008.  :heart:

I'm really happy now that all those scary gossips vanished away.

Thank you Santa !  :xmaslol:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg15544#msg15544

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 11:09:05 PM »
Luminita Anghel (2005, 3rd) and Mihai Traistariu (2006, 4th) will be the hosts of Selectia Nationala 2008.
As far as we know Anca Parghel, Tom Boxer and Fly Project (the song "Brasil"), Nico, Andra, Proconsul and Anda Adam submitted songs for the Romanian preselection 2008.
The deadline for submitting songs was set to January 15th. In the next 2 days (16-17 January) the jury will choose the best 24 songs to compete in the semifinals.
The semifinals will be held on February 9th and 16th. 6 songs from each semifinal will pass to the National Final which will be held on February 23rd.

Source: Bestmusic.ro

Tom Boxer, Fly Project & Anca Parghel - Brasil

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg16935#msg16935

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 04:52:07 PM »
Here are the Regulations for the 2008 Eurovision Contest - National Selection

Quote from: TVR

1.1. The national selection of the 2008 Eurovision Contest is organized by TVR, referred to as organizer.

1.2. The organizer has drafted the contest regulations, and has decided that the number of songs appearing in the final selection will be twelve. To apply for this contest, the candidates will submit a sealed envelope, until the 15th of January 2008, 18,00 hours, at the SRTV Registry Office located on the Eng. Emil Pangratti street, or will send, by the same date, by mail, to the address of the Societatea Romana de Televiziune, Calea Dorobantilor 191, sector 1, Bucharest, with a note "For the 2008 Eurovision Contest", that holds the song on CD, DAT or MD format, in the positive mixing version, the song's lyrics in five copies and the identification data of its authors and performers.

The authors must observe the requirements imposed by the EBU Regulations:

* The duration of the songs must not exceed 3 minutes.
    * No more than 6 performers are allowed on stage.
    * The jury must keep in mind the fact that the songs approved for the following stages (for the semifinals and for the final selection) will have to be performed against the negative version, without any backing-vocals and computer-generated effects; the entire vocal part will be live.
    * The performers must have at least 16 years in 2008, at the date of the semifinals in Belgrade (May 22, 2008).
    * Only the songs submitted for the contest in audio CD, MD or DAT format are approved.
    * The songs submitted for the contest (music and lyrics) will not have been made public for commercial purposes before October 1, 2007.

1.3. The first round - First selection - will take part on January 16 and 17, 2008, when a jury selected by the organizers will choose 24 songs from among all the songs entered into the contest up until January 15, 2008, 18,00 hours.

1.4. The second round - the Semifinals - The 24 songs selected by the jury of the first selection stage will be divided in 2 groups of 12, by a draw (attended by both the authors and the performers), which will result in two semifinals organized as live shows broadcast by TVR 1 on February 9 and 16, 2008. The songs on the first six positions at the end of each of the two semifinals will compete for the next round.

The semifinal round of the contest will require a vocal performance against a negative mixing version, without any backing-vocals and computer-generated vocal effects; the entire vocal part will be live.

1.5. The third round - the National Finals - will take place on February 23, 2008, during a show broadcast live by TVR1. 12 songs will take part in this round, the first six ranking songs at the end of each of the semifinal.

For this round, the authors must also observe the EBU requirements:

The contest will include only the voice and a negative mixing version, without any backing-vocals and computer-generated vocal effects; the entire vocal part will be live.

The authors must sign a notarized statement to guarantee that the song registered in the contest has not been edited for commercial purposes before October 1, 2007. Should there be pertinent evidence that a certain song fails to meet the above requirements, it will be disqualified.

The authors will be fully responsible for the original character of the songs registered in the contest. If proven according to the law, plagiarism will lead to the song being disqualified.

The lyrics of the winning song must be translated into French and English.

The song will be performed by no more than 6 individuals, with a minimum age limit of 16 years at the date of Belgrade semifinals (May 22, 2008).

By joining this contest, the participants agree to observe all the provision of the contest regulations. The qualified contestants will observe the rehearsal schedule (rehearsals, concerts, photo sessions, filming sessions, press conferences, etc) in order to take part in the international contest, schedule set up and coordinated by the organizer, namely by SRTV.

1.5 Jury

In the first round - the First selection - a specialized jury designated by the organizer will hear the songs registered for the contest. Each member of the jury will award a score from 1 to 24, in plain view, to 24 songs they consider to be the best. The sum of all points gained by each song will decide its final ranking position. The first 24 songs will take part in the following round, namely the semifinals on February 9 and 16, 2008. Should there by any equal scores, the song with the most top scores will be qualified for the next round. 5 press representatives will take part in this round as observers.

In the second round - the Semifinals - the results of each of the two semifinals, namely the scores awarded by a jury designated by the organizer, cumulated with the results of the televoting, will be made public. The jury will be made of 12 members who will award a score from 1 to 24, in plain view, to each song in the contest. The same score may not be awarded twice. The jury's note will be 50% and the public's note will be the other 50% of the final score. The results of the televoting, in number of calls, will be turned into points according to the respective ratio; thus, the song with the highest number of phone calls will receive the score corresponding to the public share in the final score, namely the maximum score of 12 jury members, that is 12x12 points, the next most called-for song will receive one point less for 11 jury members, that is 11x11 points, the third will receive 10x10 points, and so on. The same procedure will apply to the rest of the songs in the contest. These scores will be added to the jury scores. The sum of all such points, from both the jury and the public, will be the final score. The first six ranking songs in each of the two semifinals will qualify for the next round.

The stages of the decision-making process are the following: the jury will hear the songs participating in the respective contest round during the TV broadcast. Each member of the jury will record his/her score in their individual score sheet. The score sheets are sealed in individual envelopes and submitted, in plain view, on the contest host's table. The televoting lines are opened, in plain view, for 40 minutes, and the viewers will be informed of the partial results approximately every 5 minutes, during the TV show being broadcast during this time. After the televoting lines are closed, the calls will be turned into points according to the above procedure. The final results of the televoting are broadcast as points. After this, each member of the jury will open the envelope with his/her own score sheet and will read out the respective score. The song with the highest score wins.

The third round - the National Finals - in this round, the final result will mean the score awarded by a jury designated by the organizer, cumulated with the results of the televoting. The jury will be made of 12 members who will award a score from 1 to 12 to each song in the contest, in plain view. The same score may not be awarded twice. The jury's note will be 50% and the public's note will be the other 50% of the final score. The results of the televoting, in number of calls, will be turned into points according to the respective ratio; thus, the song with the highest number of phone calls will receive the score corresponding to the public share in the final score, namely the maximum score of 12 jury members, that is 12x12 points, the next most called-for song will receive one point less for 11 jury members, that is 11x11 points, the third will receive 10x10 points, and so on. The same procedure will apply to the rest of the songs in the contest. These scores will be added to the jury scores. The song with the highest score wins.

The stages of the decision-making process are the following: the jury will hear the songs participating in the respective contest round. Each member of the jury will record his/her score in their individual score sheet. The score sheets are sealed in individual envelopes and submitted, in plain view, on the contest host's table. The televoting lines are opened, in plain view, for 40 minutes, and the viewers will be informed of the partial results approximately every 5 minutes, during the TV show being broadcast during this time. After the televoting lines are closed, the calls will be turned into points according to the above procedure. The final results of the televoting are broadcast as points. After this, each member of the jury will open the envelope with his/her own score sheet and will read out the respective score. The score awarded by each member of the jury to each song will be added to the sum of all points won by each song through the televoting, and the result will be the final score. The song with the highest score is the winner.

GOOD LUCK!!!

source: Romanian broadcaster TVR

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg16953#msg16953

Offline My Star

• Escvibes Friend
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 08:52:27 PM »
All songs are released

REVIEW:
C'est la vie - Nothing spectacular, not very much to it 2/10
Come This Way - I Really like this :) - Cool enough sounding song - 8.5/10
Dragostea Mea - Nothing spectacular here 3/10
Dr.Frankenstein - Meh nothing great 2.4/10
Fairytale story - Woeful 1/10
Follow me - Poor dance song 2.2/10
Heaven - This sounds good enough - cool style 5/10
Love is all I need - Cool song well executed 7/10
Mas Comigo - Nothing special - 2.7/10
Pe-o margine de lume - Not a great ballad -  4.5/10
Prea mici sunt cuvintele - Quite nice :) - 7.8/10
Railroad, Railroad - Its pure pop... But its good :D - potential winner - 8.4/10
?apte zile - No... Its not good - 1.7/10
Shine - aint my cup of tea - 2.3/10
Te iubesc - Great stuff!! - 8.4
Key Of Life - Uh oh.. disaster 1.1/10
Time to rise - average 4.4/10
Vorbe care dor - Decent - 6.1/10
When We're together - Good Voice 7.1/10
Why? -Why???? - 3.2/10
Yeke Yeke - Can do well if it transfers to stage well 5.6/10
Your Love - average song in this final 4/10
Zamira - Strange 4.2/10

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17027#msg17027

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »
My first reaction ... God help us ! Some great songs and so many gossips.  :-\

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17028#msg17028

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:37 PM »
Why are there Swedish songs??? :dots:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17029#msg17029

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 12:44:34 AM »
Why are there Swedish songs??? :dots:

So we can get more votes from Sweden, didn't you get it yet ?  :laugh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17030#msg17030

Offline mongol-boy

• Wild Dancer
  • Follow your dreams
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 01:12:22 AM »
So we can get more votes from Sweden, didn't you get it yet ?  :laugh:

Well, the Swedish songs are just..bad :D
so I guess Romania, will stay Romanian this year ^^

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17031#msg17031

Offline danniela

• In The Disco
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »
IMO Romania doesnt need help from other countries/singers to do a decent appearance...!(the esc history has showed it...).

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17076#msg17076

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
IMO Romania doesnt need help from other countries/singers to do a decent appearance...!(the esc history has showed it...).

It was a joke Danniela.  :P

Pity that I can't see no Jokero, Time, Dulce-amaruie, All the time ... songs that were runner-ups or simply great finalists in Selectia Nationala and then became big hits in Romania.  :-\
For the time being only "Vorbe care dor (3 Sud Est ) is a radio hit in Romania.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17078#msg17078

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
3 Sud Est withdrawn from Selectia Nationala so the Romanian hit "Vorbe care dor" is out. Paradise's song "Your Love" was disqualified (we all know Alexandra's version of the song).

Inesa with "La storia della pioggia" and Catalin Josan with "Run Away" will compete in the semifinals.

Plus ..we only have 2 songs in stand by now and who knows how many scandals ahead of us. TVR  confirmed the next 2 songs, ready to use "just in case", songs performed by Monique - "Vant de vara" (Summer wind) and Tom Boxer feat. Anca Parghel & Fly Project - "Brasil"

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17091#msg17091

Offline danniela

• In The Disco
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »
IMO Romania tv must start giving penalty(2-3 years not able to compete at the national final) to singers which make the organization(romanian) look so amateur and stupid...!!
Its starting to be a joke after last year. :doh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17092#msg17092

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 11:35:07 PM »
IMO Romania tv must start giving penalty(2-3 years not able to compete at the national final) to singers which make the organization(romanian) look so amateur and stupid...!!
Its starting to be a joke after last year. :doh:

Thanks for the suggestion Danniela. I'll pass it through  :shrug:

Now ... We have a poll  :angel1:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17093#msg17093

Offline danniela

• In The Disco
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 11:49:15 PM »
Look they all(singers - songwriters e.t.c) know that the weeks before eurovision is a good period for publicity(good or bad and nomatter what....) so they use the national tv which IMO is a shame because that makes them(national tv) look like amateurs to the rest of europe.....!!!
What about "fight for life" which i have heard from last year  :doh: :doh:

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=226.msg17094#msg17094