Author Topic: Interview- Andrei Tudor : "I like people with artistic soul"  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes

Andrei Tudor, the composer of the 2008 Romanian Eurovision entry "Pe-o margine de lume" has answered escfans' questions on escvibes.com.

When did you start composing and when did you realise that is the path for your career to follow?

I know I deal with music. I compose or I sing or I arrange or I work in the studio ... but there are no limits between them. There are times when I compose more, other times when I have more concerts as a pianist or orchestra conductor.

What was the first song that brought satisfaction to you as a composer ?

All the songs that I composed are a part of me and I believe that every one of them means something to me. I do have some preferences: Mihai Traistariu - "Cat de frumoasa esti", Marcel Pavel - "De Dragul Tau", Nico & Vlad - "Pe-o Margine De Lume".

What musical influences marked your composing style over the years ( music styles, composers, artists)?

Classical music and jazz music marked my music. I myself graduated from Conservator piano class.
Some of my favorite composers are Bach , Rachmaninov, John Willimas, David Foster, Sting, Phill Collins, Dave Grusin.

Have you been working with Nico or Vlad (or with both of them) before the National Selection for Eurovision 2008 ?

Yes, I have worked with both of them quite a lot. I have written 2 more songs for Nicoleta (Nico) and a duet for her with Mihai Traistariu 3 years ago for Eurovision (NF). I am working now on Vlad's next album and we already have a few songs (Domani and Cristos a inviat! - a duet with Felicia Filip)

Are there going to be any more collaborations with Nico and Vlad, considering that all 3 of you love classical music, jazz and ballads?

I think I have answered that already... Anyway I like people that have artistic soul so I am sure that I will have many collaborations with both of them.

Which other songs composed by you (besides "Pe-o margine de lume") have competed in previous National Selections for Eurovision Song Contest and which artists did you trust to perform those songs?

I participated with the band Centru' Civic and Romeo Zaharia at 2-3 Selections for Eurovision (the best place we've got was 3rd place). We finished 3rd with the duet of Nico & Mihai Traistariu as well.

Which one is your favorite song from the songs that represented Romania at Eurovision between 1994 and 2007 ?

I very much liked Luna performed by Taxi and Tell Me Why performed by Monica Anghel & Marcel Pavel.

From 1956 to the present the Eurovision Song Contest gave us more than 1,000 melodies from all over Europe and even from outside Europe. Do you have a favorite Eurovision song and if you do ... which one is it ?

Yes ... Many songs ... Johnny Logan Why Me and Hold Me Now, some older songs from the '70s (Ding a Dong and Save your kisses for me), Celine Dion - Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi and Olsen Brothers - Fly on the wings of love.

Would you ever compose songs for potential foreign competitors in the next National Selections of Romania ?

Of course I would. At least the composer has to be of that nationality.

Would you compose songs for another country for the Eurovision Song Contest ?

I don't think that's possible ... depends on the situation.

A message for the Eurovision fans ...

I hope that they will encourage us from now on and support us in the Final of the Contest. We need it and I do hope we will not disappoint them.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=758.msg18785#msg18785
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better