Author Topic: Belgrade 2008 -semifinal 1 (May 20th)  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Relyana

• Webmaster
  • Topic Author
    • Eurovision Forum | ESC Vibes
Belgrade 2008 -semifinal 1 (May 20th)
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:32:00 AM »
We have the lucky Top 10 qualifiers :

01. Greece
02. Romania
03. Bosnia & Herzegovina
04. Finland
05. Russia
06. Israel
07. Azerbaijan
08. Armenia
09. Poland
10. Norway

Any comments ?

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=767.msg18978#msg18978
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
Re: Belgrade 2008 -semifinal 1 (May 20th)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:27:12 AM »
Finland was a huge surprise.  Didn't think much of their chances - even considering their fantastic performance.

Poland was quite a surprise as well - but a pleasant one.  She looked a bit weird though with the fake tan and the ultra white teeth.

Greece were a surprise to me.  I've never thought much of the song but she put in a great performance.

Romania - perfect apart from 1 tiny little thing - when Nico first came in I thought the backing singers were too loud.  Other than that they put in the vocal performance of the night IMO.

Bosnia & Herzergovina - best overall performance of the night - thoroughly entertaining.

Russia - A huge disappointment for me.  Didn't like the violin version and what was the point of the ice skater?

Israel - vocally he wasn't quite there and the backing singers drowned him out on the chorus a bit.

Azerbaijan - fabulous performance but vocally they weren't completely on the money - although the start was exceptionally well sung.

Armenia - a very lacklustre performance - she will need to improve to do as well as expected in the final

Norway - fantastic vocals, nice performance and she looked fantastic.  Thoroughly deserved qualification

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=767.msg18979#msg18979
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline danniela

• In The Disco
Re: Belgrade 2008 -semifinal 1 (May 20th)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:45 PM »
What can i say......i had seen most things at rehearsals... :D
1.Greece - Iam the first who has said that the song is average and Kalomiras voice also BUT ahe shinessssssssssssssssssss onstage(more than the others at semi1...).She was into a music reality for 5 months and won it not because she had the best voice but because she was sweet - kind and with a smile most of the times(u cant be fake 5 months....).
2.Romania - voted for it but as it happened at Greece bad camera work plus i was waiting for the kiss ....i was sure this would pass(my mother liked it also..).
3.Bosnia - this reminds me Pazolini films...... :D...yea i liked it  :goodjob1:
4.Finland - iam not a fan o heavy metal but iam happy for the surprise plus dont forget that they were the hosts last year so its nice to have them at the final  ;)
5.Russia - I dont like it....didnt hear anyone saying they liked it so  :-\ :-\ :-\
6.ISRAEL - Got my vote also(the other one my mother liked plus heard alot of people saying they liked it....so it must have passed from televoting).They have to fix their stage appearance to do even better :hi5:
7.Azerb. - Got my vote also......like it. :D(the camera work KILLED it).
8.Armenia - Another which i voted even though i was waiting for MORE things(this was my best pop song this year but onstage it was less than i expected...i hope she does better at the final and the camera work is better...).
9.Poland - 1 vote for this from me also and iam happy it passed...!
10.Norway - Deserved to pass but there are alot more ballads i like MORE....!

PS: Maybe Netherlands deserved to pass also(4 me...voted for it) she is a great singer BUT her stylist must be an IDIOT.....Boots and bad clothes(for a lovely lady) and the colour(clothes) wasnt the best at all.....maybe the graphics didnt suite the song also(they were more for a ballad...).

Goodluck to the countries at the 2 semifinal....!

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=767.msg18982#msg18982