Author Topic: Belgrade 2008 - Semi 2 (May 22nd)  (Read 1954 times)

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
Belgrade 2008 - Semi 2 (May 22nd)
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »
The 10 Qualifiers from Semi 2

1 UKRAINE
2 CROATIA
3 ALBANIA
4 ICELAND
5 GEORGIA
6 DENMARK
7 LATVIA
8 SWEDEN
9 TURKEY
10 PORTUGAL

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=769.msg18986#msg18986
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?

Offline ijm123

• Escvibes Friend
  • Topic Author
Re: Belgrade 2008 - Semi 2 (May 22nd)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:04:42 AM »
My view on the qualifiers from Semi 2

1. Ukraine - no real surprise it qualified.  Loved the performance but the vocals weren't quite all they could have been

2. Croatia - just 1 question - how did this piece of rubbish even get close to qualifying - let alone qualify :doh: :irked:

3. Albania - she sounded quite nervy at the beginning (perhaps to be expected) but she pulled off a good vocal performance overall

4. Iceland - they seemed to be having such great fun and vocally they were fantastic.  I wouldn't be surprised if this finished top 5 tomorrow

5. Georgia - an odd one to say the least.  The message in the song is good.  The costume change was unbelievable.  Vocally Diana was OK - but the blonde backing singer ruined it for me.

6. Denmark - a surprise qualifier for me - but a pleasant one.  He performed it very well indeed.

7. Latvia - a thoroughly disappointing performance both vocally and as a show.  I expected more from the pirates - but they qualified so need to improve to get the joke votes from Spain.

8. Sweden - all I can say is she did enough.  Nothing more nothing less.  Vocally she has improved since 99 but that's about it.

9. Turkey - did everything they needed to do :shrug:

10. Portugal - best vocal performance of the night by a mile and thoroughly deserved qualification.  She really does have an incredible voice.

Linkback: http://www.escvibes.com/index.php?topic=769.msg18987#msg18987
Blue, Blue, Blue, Johnny Blue
Welche Farbe hat die Sonne?